Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Question Main Character Help!!!

I'm writing a children's novel about an orphaned girl. Her last name starts with a Z, though I'm not sure what it is yet. I want it to be a sunny name, because her mother used to say she was "like a little ray of sunshine" before she died, but not something cheesy like "Rainbow" "Sunny" or "Summer". Also, the day she was born there were the most beautiful dandelions on the field in front of her house. Thanks!

I looked up names with the meaning 'sun' or 'flower', and here are some good ones:
    Apollonia
    Azalea
    Bellerose
    Cliantha
    Crisanta
    Cyra
    Eliana
    Elidi
    Elodie
    Evanthe
    Fleur
    Flor
    Iris
    Ivy
    Jacinta
    Kalinda
    Liliana
    Liliosa
    Mehri
    Nizana
    Poppy
    Rose
    Siria
    Solana
    Soleil
    Violante

Hope it helps!
    ~Mehri

Nameberry has some great, descriptive lists. http://nameberry.com/lists/category/girls-names

This should help you.
    Just a teenage writer with a fascination for names!

I nannied for a little girl named Sunny-Elise (I can not recall how they spelled Elise). She was such a happy, smiley baby/toddler. So I am very charmed by the name Sunny-Elise.
    ♥ My family is complete, I love helping with baby names and discussing names. ♥

You could name her any of the Luc- names like Lucy, Lucille, Lucia, etc. They all mean light. And maybe with a double first name or middle name of Rae it would be like a ray of light? Just an idea
    My Favorites:

Colette Kristine. Alice Evanna. Gemma Elizabeth. Mabel Verity. Rosalie Grace.

Jack Jeffrey. Carson Luke. Felix James. Leo Patrick. River Justin.

can't wait to marry my love!