Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    Britomart was originally on my list, but I decided to take it off as I find it rather hideous...
    Sorry, I had to laugh at Britomart It sounds like an American shop where you'd find British foods: "Hey mom, I'm just gonna go down the Britomart to pick up some PG Tips and Marmite"

Quote Originally Posted by charlieandperry1 View Post
    Sorry, I had to laugh at Britomart It sounds like an American shop where you'd find British foods: "Hey mom, I'm just gonna go down the Britomart to pick up some PG Tips and Marmite"
    I know, right? It's the name of the beautiful knight in The Faerie Queene. But Britomart is based on Bradamante from the Charlemagne legends, and she's still on the list.

Ren, do you know anyone who isn't awesomely named?
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Heh, I never said Britomart was a good name. It certainly fits the criteria

In my eyes, Morgan is no nonsense, Morgana is frilly (perhaps romantic might be a better word) & Seraphina is dainty (which is basically a nice way of saying overly frilly). Which, by the way, I don't see anything wrong with a name being frilly or slightly romanticized. Even my own list has names I consider frilly; Helena and Ophelia are examples of that. I just thought it was ironic to have names like Morgana and Belphoebe on the list when they're quite "frilly" themselves since that's what it seems like you were trying to get away from, is all.

I'm not sure if you were offended by my comment(s) but it certainly wasn't my intention to do so. If so, I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth_rose View Post
    I'm not sure if you were offended by my comment(s) but it certainly wasn't my intention to do so. If so, I apologize.
    Nooooo! Not offended!!! It takes a lot to take me there... I agree with you, there's nothing wrong with dainty and frilly, they just don't fit my medieval ladies (in my opinion). I don't see Morgana and Belphoebe as frilly, just romantic. But different opinons are allowed, and more than that, good! Thanks for your opinons
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by charlieandperry1 View Post
    LOL! That is awesome.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.