Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Chloe vs Cleo

Chloe vs Cleo

Always loved Chloe... yes, I know it's a mega star. But I loved it before it was popular.
    Anyway, was thinking about Cleo as another option.

What do you think of Cleo?

Another idea I had was Chloe Leora (nn Cleo if there was another Chloe in her class?)

What are your thoughts?
    BABY GIRL FINALLY DUE 5 October after 2 Years of IVF
    Delivery booked: Debuting on or before 26th September!

Current favourite name for our little Miss: Phoebe Eliza Grace
    Other (MNs probably) we like: Rose Eloise Matilda Madeleine Charlotte Eliza Violet Kate Jade Elizabeth Iris Scarlett Felicity Chloe

Current (but never to be used...) favourite boy names: Oliver Thomas Henry William Alexander Flynn Liam Hugo Isaac Bennett Nikolai Reid Edward nn Ned Gus Tobias Austin Blake

I much prefer Chloe, but popularity is not an issue for me. If popularity really bothers you Cleo is a nice alternative. I find Chloe Leora a little sing-songy with all the repeating e and o. I would use Cleo before Chloe Leora if that makes sense.
    My Zoe ... My life
    9/12/14

I agree - I like Chloe, but if it is too popular for you, then Cleo is a nice first name option. Chloe Leora is a little bit of a mouthful for me.
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

Classics: Caroline, Catherine, Elizabeth, James, Luke
    Celtic flair: Claire, Maeve, Declan, Liam, Patrick
    Short & Sweet: Grace, Jane, Rose, Jack, Leo

Where I am (London), Chloe has been popular for as long as I can remember, which puts me off it. However, I think it's simply adorable and I love the sound. I recently asked for some opinions on here of names that could spawn Chloe as a nickname.

Cleo is equally lovely but I knew a very mean spirited Clio and that's always lowered the name a little in my eyes - a personal issue, of course, and nothing that takes away from the sweet, bright nature of the name itself.

I don't think I could be on board with Chloe Leora nn Cleo myself though. While I think anything goes regarding nicknames, even though the 'leo' is there in Leora it just sounds someone got tongue tied trying to say the first name.
    g e n e v i e v e

Violet Ruby Grace ♀ Alice Pomeline Wren ♀ India Lotus Penelope
    May Tallulah Verity ♀ Lucia Ottilie June♀ Rosa Elowen Chloë

Ivo Valentine Fox ♂ Shiloh Atlas Grey ♂ Leo Elijah Bram
    Maben Isaac Poe ♂ Emrys Casper Gabriel ♂ Kit Auberon Xavier

I agree with @genevie. Chloe, where I live has been popular forever, and so my love of it has dwindled.
    I actually may be the rare person who loves Cleo. I just love how she sounds modern and yet has such a deep history and ancient roots. Plus I prefer her sound.
    Chloe Leora is a bit of an overkill to me. However, I do like Leora, I think its just for me the repeated sound is a bit much.

Goodluck

'Jess' Jessica Emily Faith
    Living down under...
    Australian/German/South African/Scottish/English/Irish/Romani
    Elsa: Mystical, magical, completely unique, baffling and all her own

Ronan: Spicy, little boys wearing plaid shirts, running around in kneeless jeans, playing in the mud and being mischievous.
    Other considerations
    Mary Belle - Conrad - Elaina/Elena? - Jonas