Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Cloth diapering!

I want to cloth diaper, but I'm hesitant on which diapers to buy! So can you moms who have tried (either successfully or unsuccessfully) cloth diapering give me your inputs on different types, brands, ways to do it?

Right now I'm pretty sure I want to do AIOs, but not positive - I think grandparents and Dad will be a lot more on board with the whole thing if that's the way we go.
    Lillian Elizabeth 6.16.13

There have been a couple of threads about this recently. One is here: nameberry.com/nametalk/threads/122671-Cloth-diapering-anyone? That thread also links back to a previous, very detailed, thread on cloth diapers.

Good luck! I hope to cloth diaper in the future whenever little ones come into our family. :-)
    Estella ~ Helena ~ Miriam ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Ivy ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

I am planning on cloth diapering. I started the most recent thread above asking about it. A lot of moms gave really and helpful information.

Here is also a link to a review from a mom who tried out 25 different cloth diapers. She did a really great job describing all of the pro's and con's of the various types and brands of cloth diapers. She had a pretty in-depth rating system and took the job quite seriously. I refer back to this link regularly.

http://www.kitchenstewardship.com/20...iaper-for-you/

So far, I have a few different styles of cloth diapers waiting for my baby. I can't tell you anything from experience, yet I have Green Mountain Diaper workhorse fitted diapers with snaps for newborns. They require diaper covers. I have a few covers from Kawaii. I have registered for Thirsties covers as well and hope to get those soon. Both Green Mountain Diapers and Thirsties get great reviews overall for their diapers. I also have a few AIO from Kawaii. I purchased a couple of different types of the Kawaii. So far, their minkies and their overnight diapers have gotten the best reviews. I also purchase some bamboo inserts and some Chinese prefolds from Kawaii. Kawaii definitely has the most inexpensive diapers, but the quality appears great to my untrained eye. Of course, the truth will be told once I have an actual baby to try them on. But they seem to be the best value so far.

Check on Green Mountain Diapers, Thirsties, and Kawaii (www.theluvyourbaby.com)

Also check on FB. I now belong to a local cloth diapering FB group. It's an information group as well as a buy/sell/trade marketplace. See if your area has one as well.
    Last edited by sdsurfmama; April 29th, 2013 at 10:32 PM.
    Mama to
    Desmond Sanders, born 7/2013
    and dog son, Lambeau

My husband and I have been leaning toward using fuzzibunz diapers. I've heard excellent things, plus they have a pretty great starter kit.

I forgot to say that I have about 24 fuzzibunz, too! My friend gifted me hers. They look like they've held up quite well through her girls.
    Mama to
    Desmond Sanders, born 7/2013
    and dog son, Lambeau