Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    @tarynkay: thanks for ALL of the fantastic tips. i am really excited about prefolds now. i think i will buy some snappi's to try so that i have options. the prefolds and covers seem like the cheapest option by far. hope it works for us. i am trying to imagine the folded prefolds just laid flat in the cover without wrapping around the baby. it seems like a mess waiting to happen, but it sounds like its quite effective. can't wait to try this method out on my little baby. and thanks for the wipes suggestion. we're definitely planning on using cloth wipes. i am hoping to be out of this apartment before we get to solid foods, so i will save the sprayer logistics for the next home.

@malk: motherease has gotten great reviews. i want to order a couple to try.

@ottilie: littlelambs look snuggly scrumptious. i am assuming they're totally unaffordable to order to the states.

@jemama: i will keep your grovia recommendation in mind. you are a cloth diapering master!
    Mama to
    Desmond Sanders, born 7/2013
    and dog son, Lambeau

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfmama View Post
    @tarynkay: thanks for ALL of the fantastic tips. i am really excited about prefolds now. i think i will buy some snappi's to try so that i have options. the prefolds and covers seem like the cheapest option by far. hope it works for us. i am trying to imagine the folded prefolds just laid flat in the cover without wrapping around the baby. it seems like a mess waiting to happen, but it sounds like its quite effective. can't wait to try this method out on my little baby. and thanks for the wipes suggestion. we're definitely planning on using cloth wipes. i am hoping to be out of this apartment before we get to solid foods, so i will save the sprayer logistics for the next home.

@malk: motherease has gotten great reviews. i want to order a couple to try.

@ottilie: littlelambs look snuggly scrumptious. i am assuming they're totally unaffordable to order to the states.

@jemama: i will keep your grovia recommendation in mind. you are a cloth diapering master!

You should totally youtube flats and prefolds - there are videos on there showing how to do it properly, having a visual may help.

Thanks @flick. I will definitely take your advice!
    Mama to
    Desmond Sanders, born 7/2013
    and dog son, Lambeau

Oh this is one of my favourite topics! I am a HUGE fan of cloth diapers (or nappies as we call them in australia). I have tried quite a few different brands of cloth nappies but my favourite by far is company called 'Itti Bitti'. Its an Australian company but is now available worldwide. Great quality fabrics, easy to use, and look so damn cute! They do make sized aio's but also make one size fits all nappies with snap in boosters. They are so simple to use I really dont think you'll have any issues with other family members having to use them (most grandparents are used to the old white squares so any modern cloth nappies will be a breeze for them). Definatly google itti bitti!

I bought the FuzziBunz one size diapers and they were TERRIBLE!

Cons:
    -they leak about 50% of the time, even with the hemp inserts, which were more absorbent. They leak so much I can't get over it.
    -way to warm and bulky in the summer, especially since we don't have air-conditioning
    -his skin couldn't breathe properly through them
    -because they were so bulky they chafed a lot
    -my son was obviously less comfortable in cloth diapers compared to disposables

Pros
    -they were cute
    -washed really nicely and easily

I have to admit that this one of the biggest disappointments I have had in years. I spent a lot of money on them and was so looking forward to them. Everybody I knew told me I was crazy to try cloth diapering and I was so eager to prove them wrong. Well... they were right.
    Last edited by uselesskitty; May 1st, 2013 at 10:35 AM.
    Ttc a baby brother or sister for Luther Wolf!