Names Searched Right Now:

New Movie Oblivion - name Vica

I was pleasantly surprised to hear Victoria's pet name was Vica in the movie. It was really chic - much more so than Vicki or even today's standard, Tori.

What do you think?

Sounds a lot like the Danish name, Vigga (which happens to be one of my favourite girls names).
    I still prefer either Vickan or Toria as a nickname for Victoria though.
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting old Danish names, Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Théoden "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Johanna Ivalo Galadriel "Anna" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise

And for the moment: Atticus Aksel Inigo • Aviaaja Cleopatra Hero "Avi" • Fabiola Agnes Lúthien

I think Vica is really cool as a nickname. I dislike Tori and Vicki which is one of the reasons I've never been fond of Victoria.
    “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.”
    -George R.R. Martin

alyssa ϟ twenty-one ϟ usa ϟ name lover

If I ever have a baby, I would name him or her:
    Charlotte Matilda |Augustus Henry

Anastasia Louise, Clara Penelope, Amelia Caitlin / Aiden James, Jase Alexander, Renly Isaac
    +more

Quote Originally Posted by alyssa897 View Post
    I think Vica is really cool as a nickname. I dislike Tori and Vicki which is one of the reasons I've never been fond of Victoria.
    I quite agree - and I'm a lover of the Victorian era!! The options of past generations just haven't seemed to portray an image of beautiful aristocratic Victoria. I'm thinking that Vica may just do that. Thanks for responding!
    Michael William Jr, 'Liam' / Adelaide Susanne / Gabriel Patrick / Nadia Eloise

Before I was born the LORD called me;
    from my mother's womb He has spoken my NAME
    ~ Isaiah 49:1

I'm still thinking about this....
    Seriously, Vica wants for nothing!

Cute. Chic. Beautiful. Intriguing. Playful- love love love!
    Michael William Jr, 'Liam' / Adelaide Susanne / Gabriel Patrick / Nadia Eloise

Before I was born the LORD called me;
    from my mother's womb He has spoken my NAME
    ~ Isaiah 49:1