Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Elowen Louise

7 25.00%
  • Elowen Louise May

2 7.14%
  • Elowen Louisa May

16 57.14%
  • Other?

3 10.71%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Elowen ___ ?

Elowen ___ ?

I keep thinking we finally have a name and then randomly my husband will ask "are you sure about...?", and he isn't one to discuss names often. We are set on Elowen as a first name. My husband loves Elowen Louise. I could live with it, as Louise would honor his Grandpa Louis. I really want to give her a double middle to also honor my father and late brother born in the month of May. So, I came up with Elowen Louisa May. I think Louisa flows better with the double middle, but my husband doesn't like Louisa. A compromise would be Elowen Louise May, but I just can't love the sound of saying it all together. We have a German surname that is two syllables. Which is your favorite combo? Any other suggestions? Thank you so much!
    Last edited by kelchristmas; April 29th, 2013 at 03:33 PM.
    Mommy to Rosamund ~ March 2011 & Elowen ~ June 2013

Girls ~ Augusta, Florence, Ingrid, Lavinia, Wilhelmina
    Boys ~ Otto

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above" ~ James 1:17

I voted for Elowen Louisa May. Perhaps Elowen May Louise has a better flow to it than Elowen Louise May? Elowen is such a pretty name btw!

Crushing on
    ♥ Rosa ♥ Milvi ♥ Elsie ♥ Flora ♥ Inga ♥ Adele ♥ Fionn ♥ Odin ♥ Ingo ♥ Thore ♥ Ellis ♥ Vilme ♥

among others

~ From Sweden - Feel free to ask if you want to know anything about Swedish names! ~

I voted Elowen Louise because I prefer just one middle. If you want to use two Elowen Louisa May is lovely. I really like Elowen.

I like Elowen but I feel like it's more of a mystical, magical name. Louise/Louisa is a very literary name, and while it's nice, seems bland in comparison.
    Maybe...
    Elowen Ianthe
    Elowen Fleur
    Elowen Lyra
    Elowen Mira
    Elowen Violet
    Elowen Lark
    Elowen Carys
    Elowen Ophelia
    | Arabella Monet | Henrietta Plum | Isolde Noor | Agatha Ruby | Marian Primrose |
    | Emma Berlin | Cressida Lilac | Jessamine Lark | Vivienne Snow | Ireland Eve |

Thank you for the suggestions! I love Elowen Lark (doesn't sound good with our last name) and Elowen Violet, but hubby isn't a fan of Violet. I realize Elowen does have a whimsical quality, but I really want her to have a family name or connection in the middle, so that's why our options are more "down to earth" I suppose.

Some family names include:
    Ann/Anna
    Christian
    Emma
    Fred
    George
    Ida
    Johann
    June
    Lou/Louis
    Katherine/Kathryn
    Matilda
    Wilhelm/William
    Last edited by kelchristmas; April 29th, 2013 at 05:06 PM.
    Mommy to Rosamund ~ March 2011 & Elowen ~ June 2013

Girls ~ Augusta, Florence, Ingrid, Lavinia, Wilhelmina
    Boys ~ Otto

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above" ~ James 1:17