Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I love Jeremiah nn Remi, but Nehemiah is also a fav of name, with the nickname Nemo. There are no other nicknames for Nehemiah though that jump out (besides Miah and that's girl to me), so I'd probably go with Jeremiah.
    ~lucy reine~
    ~ celestine eira ~ mary simona ~ elizabeth echo "ellie" ~ eleanor maeve "lena" ~ vivienne isla ~ celia matilda "cici" ~ catherine aiko "rin" ~ elsa verity ~
    ~ jasper red ~ evander lachlan 'evan'~ kai nicholas ~ ezra link ~ avery thomas ~ michael satoshi "mischa" ~ finn jeremias ~ ezekiel hayden ~ alexander rowan "sacha" ~
    guilty pleasures
    ~ tisiphone aria ~ alecto elpis ~ miya lucida ~ addison matteo ~ corinthian tidus ~

I have heard Nehem (pronounced like Liam) as a nn, but I'm not a big nn person.

I think it might be because, other than Nemo, there's no good nicknames for Nehemiah. Also, there's the J factor for Jeremiah.

Quote Originally Posted by shellezbellez View Post
    I heard a man named Nehemiah (a Jewish man) pronounce his name Nih-him-eye-AH. (The /nih/ sounds more like the sound in /eh/ or even /egg/.) I'd always heard it pronounced as knee-ah-MY-ah. I prefer his pronunciation, and the name is much more interesting to me now.
    Interesting! I'm a Jewish person and I've always heard it in English as a Neh/nih sound up front, *never* a knee sound. Maybe because its a neh sound in Hebrew, but the whole back end of the name changes in Hebrew anyway...?

In English or Hebrew, either way I much prefer it to Jeremiah. I don't consider the nickname Jerry a plus (sorry to a couple nice Jerrys I know!).

I like Jedidiah, Nehemiah, and even Hezekiah, but Jeremiah doesn't do a thing for me.

I like Jeremiah more. I used to watch "The Challenge" series on MTV and there was a guy on one of those named Nehemiah... this other guy was like, "Nehemiah is a fun-sponge. He sucks the fun out of everything" and that's really all I can think of.
    Lucia
    Sela, Iris, Eleanora, Minerva, Lilac and Bastian "Baz", Fletcher, Edmund, Joscelin, Gideon