Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Ohh!! I like Josephine Joy!!!!
    ~ "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."~ Mother Teresa

I've always loved the name Josephine. But then again, I think the most feminine names are feminine forms of male names. Like they don't need to have a purely feminine, girly name to exude femininity. Its kind of hard to explain.

I love J names, especially with interesting vowels after them (like Juno or Julia), and then I absolutely love -phine or -phina in names. I'm a -ph freak.

Its beautiful and can easily be translated all throughout life, with a variety of nicknames (Jo, Josie, Joey, Joy, Sephie, Seph, Phina, etc.) I also think it goes well with Georgia or Genevieve as siblings.

Also, I think its charming to connect family names to a child, especially with Joseph as being your husband's middle name. I especially love it when people bring out their creativity and take a Father to Daughter, or Mother to Son name crossover. (Like Henry Joseph to Josephina Henriette, or Ashley Madison to Maddox Asher.)
    aurora- autumn- ashwyn- bambi- bernadette- calliope- emmalou- henriette- indigo- ione- january- lark- leela- llewellyn- lydia- marnie- molly- narnia- noelle- oralee- penelope- philomena- rain- raven- roxy- ruby- snow- tessa- thora- waverly- willow- winter- wren- zoe | abel- aesop- angus- banjo- bartholomew- bear- bruce- burkley- darwin- elliot- finn- flynn- foster- henry- indigo - knox - laszlo - lyle - navy - nemo - noah - otis - oakley - rainn - thatcher - thomas - thompson - titus - zen

Quote Originally Posted by rmbear View Post
    I adore Josephine. It is strong, beautiful, feminine and timeless to me. I think it matches your other girls' names perfectly. I don't hear Josephine at all where I live and I love to meet one.

Please use it!!! And I love the tribute to your husband...it makes it even more perfect.
    All of this.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

I just love it! A musical name that has nice nns, I especially like Phina. I only know two Josephines, both over 45 so not overused but familiar to all, I think it would be lovely on a baby and little girl.

The only objection I know to it is my husband's comment that feminizations of the father's name sound like you wanted a boy (we were discussing my friend Nichola, daughter of Nicholas) but I don't agree.
    Thrilled to be mother to @gnes Ei1ish Madeline and Fe1icity Bridget Be@trice

If we'd had boys the list was: Godfrey, Seamus, Alexander, Michael, Felix, Peter, Ignatius & Sebastian.

I love the nickname options for Josephine! Jo, Josie, Sephie, Fin, Posey, CeCe... Its beautiful and classic and not overdone. great
    Right Now I would name them...
    ∆ Ellis Apollo • Vesper Aurelia ∆

∆ Casper Aloysius • Reverie Antonia ∆

Guilty Pleasures ...

Sailor . Waverly . Ever . Harlow . Elliot . Jasper . Lirit . Muse . Egypt . Ireland . Primrose . Calypso . Rowan