Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luna and Luther?

Luna and Luther as siblings? Are they too matchy in sound? Or are they too different stylistically? Do you think they are fine together? We took it off the list because we felt that they are too matchy, but I am having a hard time letting go of it. Both my first and middle name are linked to the moon (Cynthia Celina), and I love the association!

What are you thoughts!? Maybe as a middle name?
    Ttc a baby brother or sister for Luther Wolf!

I actually think Luther and Luna would be perfect together! They are very different names, they just have the first syllable in common.
    I too love the link it would have to your own name. And Luna is so cute. I could absolutely see you with a little Luna.

(And (to me anyway) the moon, moonlight in the sea, nighttime and all that is serenity. So a link to your little angel as well.)
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Personally I think they're too matchy but I love the connection with the moon for you. Some other names that have a connection to the moon....

Aiday- moon child, Kazakh
    Ariel- Uranus' moon
    Ayla- moonlight, halo in Turkish
    Aylin- moon halo in Turkish
    Aysel- moon stream in Turkish
    Aysun- as beautiful as the moon in Turkish
    Diana- roman goddess of the moon
    Hala- halo around the moon in Arabic
    Helen- Possibly related to Selene
    Mahon- related to the moon in Persian
    Marama- Goddess of the moon in Polynesian mythology
    Phoebe- Phoibe was a Titan associated with the moon
    Artemis- goddess of the moon
    Rhiannon- goddess of the moon
    Senay- Merry moon in Turkish
    Shashi- traditional name for the moon in Sanskrit
    Tanith/Tanis- Phoenician Goddess of the moon and stars

All that being said, if you really love Luna it isn't a bad name just a little matchy with Luther for my taste
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    I actually think Luther and Luna would be perfect together! They are very different names, they just have the first syllable in common.
    I too love the link it would have to your own name. And Luna is so cute. I could absolutely see you with a little Luna.

(And (to me anyway) the moon, moonlight in the sea, nighttime and all that is serenity. So a link to your little angel as well.)
    Awe! I didn't even think of it that way.

@Alexa400 - I mentioned Artemis and Diana to hubby a while back and he wasn't on board. Maybe I can sneak them back on the list. I especially like Artemis!
    Last edited by uselesskitty; April 29th, 2013 at 05:26 PM.
    Ttc a baby brother or sister for Luther Wolf!

I think they are too matchy, but that's a personal preference. My nieces are Nora and Nina. It's doable, but if you plan on having a 3rd child, I wouldn't unless you plan on naming her Lucy or him Luke. It's just to much for me, but fine for someone else.
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Our Dog:
    Lexie

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline ~ Artemis
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Preston

Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables