Names Searched Right Now:

Hybrid View

Middle Name for Raymond Goode

My friend Sylvia is very OCD and loves lists and planning most. She isn't pregnant yet and has been married only a few months, but she and her husband, who adores her(it's extremely cute), have decided on the name Raymond for a little boy. His surname will be Goode pronounced Good.

She wants some middle name suggestions and what you guys think of the combo and the name Raymond. Also what would you name a sister of Raymond. She seems to think that she'll have a soon first. I don't know why.

How many syllables would you use for a middle name?

Also any first name suggestions are welcomed. They also like Casper and Soren.

Some ideas:

Raymond Edvard
    Raymond Gustav
    Raymond Ollivander (from Harry Potter. She doesn't love Evander or Oliver as I've tried persuading. Husband isn't sold.)
    Raymond Theodore
    Raymond Vincent
    Raymond Wulfric

She doesn't like trendy/popular names not because of their popularity but because she doesn't like such short names.

Thanks for all comments in advance. I'm sure she'll appreciate the advice. Thanks.

Last edited by ottilie; April 29th, 2013 at 11:22 AM.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I'm not a fan of RolanD GooDe. It's too rhymy. I'd steer clear of 1st names ending with a -d or a -g to go with Goode.

Raymond Edvard- Sorry, but horrible. They all end with D... :P
    Raymond Gustav- Gustav doesn't go with Goode.
    Raymond Ollivander- What about Oleander? It's a real name. Raymond Oleander is pretty epic.
    Raymond Theodore- Don't know why, but I love Theodore... but not with Raymond.
    Raymond Vincent- Meh, it's ok.
    Raymond Wulfric- Please no.

Aurelia
    Acacia
    Aderyn
    Anais
    Blythe
    Cassia
    Calliope
    Cassiopeia
    Constance
    Camilla
    Cosette
    Cecilia
    Clarice
    Clarissa
    Delphine
    Evangeline
    Eveline
    Edith
    Laurel
    Loraine
    Gretchen
    Gloria
    Guinevere
    Gwendolyn
    Gwyneth
    Felicia
    Francine
    Helena
    Eileen
    Maureen
    Jacqueline
    Josephine
    Katrina
    Uma
    Una
    Melinda
    Belinda
    Nora
    Penelope
    Priscilla
    Renee
    Regina
    Ramona
    Samantha
    Tabitha
    Tammy
    Tamara
    Elise
    Noreen
    Patricia
    Phillipa
    Pippa
    Cordelia
    Virginia
    Viola
    Wynn
    Glenna
    Yvonne
    Odette
    Colleen
    Colette
    Yvette
    Etta
    Freya
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

I forgot to mention that they will pronouncing Raymond the French way as they are moving to Nice soon after the babys birth to be with her father.

Raymond is her Grandfathers name. She just adored him and swore from the youngest age that that would be her sons name.

There is no pulling her, I'm afraid. Raymond Goode pronunciation: Rey-mawn (with a soft n at the end) My only fear is that Raymond Goode will look strange. Raymond (rey-mawn) actually sounds quite nice.

@tfzolghadr: She has really fallen in LOVE with Oleander. Thanks for that suggestion! It really does sound, like you said, EPIC.

@otilie: She really loves Raymond Giles, but her husbands noticed the alliteration with Goode. Now Gustav & Giles are off the table. Thanks for the suggestions though. She's fallen in love with your girls list so much that she hopes their first will be a girl. She's coming up with names and combinations. I might make another thread for. Like I said above, she rather set on Raymond. That'll never change.