Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Could I Use This Name?

The thread asking what names are off limits because of a last name is inspiring me to ask this. I (we) have been really struggling with a boy's name for my baby due at the beginning of July. I was feeling the same stress regarding the girl's name, but in the end, my BF and I returned to the original first name we had always planned on, and then we found a very meaningful mn to pair it with.

I was hoping to find something as meaningful for the boy name. It's a struggle. I have names I really like, but I don't get the feeling any of them are the one. We recently set on the middle name Sanders. My mom, Sandy, died 2 years ago this May, and she would be so absolutely thrilled to have another grandchild, particularly a grandson. All of my friends really like Sanders as a first name, but I have shot it down as a fn because baby's last name will be Baumgartner after my BF. I am worried that the repeating -er sounds are just too much.

What do you all think? Does Sanders Baumgartner have too much -er going on?

Baby will have 2 middle names. The second middle name is my last name. It's 3 letters and simple. The first middle name would still need to be determined.
    Mama to
    Desmond Sanders, born 7/2013
    and dog son, Lambeau

I don't think it's too much "er" at all.
    So, you're thinking, Sanders something something Baumgartner or something Sanders something Baumgartner?
    I think Sanders Baumgartner is fine and a lovely way to honour your mother. I will think some about another middle for you!
    By the way, I love your girls name choice! Ione Marin is beautiful. Were you thinking of including a Sandy-related name if you have a girl?
    To use the name Sanders, whether as a first or middle, you could pair with Calvin, Malcolm or Ezra from your signature. I'd avoid Caspian, Leonidas and Sterling because of the "s" sounds. Hope that helps!
    First baby due on September 7, 2015!

Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Jane - Margaret - Susannah - Violet

August - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

Quote Originally Posted by sarahmezz View Post
    By the way, I love your girls name choice! Ione Marin is beautiful. Were you thinking of including a Sandy-related name if you have a girl?
    No, because Ione is my grandmother's name, and Marin honors my BF's mother, Mary. My mom will only be honored in the name if this baby is a boy
    Mama to
    and dog son, Lambeau

I don't think its too much -er, especially with the s at the end. I love the meaning behind it too.

Thanks @sarahmezz and @sweetpeacelove. You are helping me to rethink this. My BF loves it as a first name so I think he'd be on board. Now I need to come up with some middles. I like my original first name options (Malcolm, Ezra, Calvin), but I like the middle spot to have significant meaning of some sort, and those are names I just happen to like. I could use my last name as the only middle. (I'd give my last name, but I feel like I've shared so much personal info already, I want to keep one last piece of anonymity on NB).

Anyway, I will throw this idea around with my BF and some friends for a few days and see how it ends up settling with me. I am very open to any criticisms of this too, if anyone wants to voice opinions on it. Thanks.
    Mama to
    and dog son, Lambeau