Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts on the names that didn't make it?

The following names didn't make it onto my favourites list for one reason or another, but I've still been thinking of them recently:

Pomeline, nn Pom, Apple - due to the supposed meaning

Susanna, nn Sosie, Sanna, Sunny, never Sue but possibly Susie - dislike the alternative spellings
    and Shoshannah, nn Sosie, Shosh (long 'oh' sound) - like the sound more than the way it looks

Apollonia
    and Apolline, nn Apple

Primrose, nn Prim, Rose, Rosie/Rosy

Chloe
    or Chloë - would prefer it as a nickname for something longer, if possible

Just wondering what peoples thoughts were on this lot? Worth reconsidering?
    g e n e v i e v e

Violet Ruby Grace ♀ Alice Pomeline Wren ♀ India Lotus Penelope
    May Tallulah Verity ♀ Lucia Ottilie June♀ Rosa Elowen Chloë

Ivo Valentine Fox ♂ Shiloh Atlas Grey ♂ Leo Elijah Bram
    Maben Isaac Poe ♂ Emrys Casper Gabriel ♂ Kit Auberon Xavier

I adore Primrose and Chloe is nice but I can't help but think of a mean girl in my high school. If only all the bullies were named Astrid or Helga....

Apollonia is kind of cool looking/sounding. I'm not a fan of Shoshannah though.
    “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.”
    -George R.R. Martin

alyssa ϟ twenty-one ϟ usa ϟ name lover

If I ever have a baby, I would name him or her:
    Charlotte Matilda |Augustus Henry

Anastasia Louise, Clara Penelope, Amelia Caitlin / Aiden James, Jase Alexander, Renly Isaac
    +more

I like Apollonia/Apolline quite a bit.

Chloe...I had a girl in primary school that I wasn't very fond of with this name. So I think of her every time I see this name.
    Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Marigold - Ariadne - Viola - Cosima - Philomena
    Averil - Caius - Casimir - Basil - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Clement
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Arlo - Gilbert - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle

Pomeline - I always found this so interesting! I remember considering Eliza Pomeline once, I thought it was so beautiful.

Susanna/Shoshana - I absolutely adore Shoshana. And I've come to like Susanna. I love the nns Annie and Sosie, but the others don't really appeal to me, personally.

Apollonia/Apolline - meh, not really my thing.

Primrose - so. I admit it, The Hunger Games was my guilty pleasure. I still love the series and can't wait for the second movie. Besides, Prim is adorable and was a rare symbol of beauty in the whole series, so that made me appreciate it even more, I think. I personally prefer Posy for the nn, but Rosie and Prim are pretty cute, too.

Chloe - meh, I can appreciate it, but I don't really like it. I had a negative experience with a Chloe in middle school. I do sort of like it as a MN for someone else's child, though, but I do prefer Zoe in general. I like the zippy "Z" and the meaning of "life".

I definitely would have given Primrose and Shoshana/Susanna a spot, but that's mainly because the only two on your list I truly love are Violet and Lucia. I think all the names are lovely; those are just the ones that really grab me as beautiful. Although India is lovely, I just couldn't go there.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

I loved Pomelina for a long time, and Apollonia is intriguing. They don't really work with my last name so I never truly considered using them, but they are special names.
    http://www.onceuponatimebabynames.com/
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9772380 (please vote!)

Due December 13, 2014 (12/13/14) It's a boy!
    Castalia, Ailova, Vasilisa, Indrina, Rosmira, Calluna, Faustine, Hildana, Selenia, Alianora, Fruzsina
    ... Alaric, Alistair, Stellan, Rainer, Evander, Caspian, Rhydian, Howell, Gustav, Theron, Onder, Sander