Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Longer forms of CHLOE?

I quite like the sound (and also the look) of Chloe/Chloë at the moment, but considering how common it is around here, my perception of the name puts me off using it. I have considered Cleo, but it just doesn't appeal to me as much, and I definitely don't like Zoe/Zoë/Zoey.

Does anyone have suggestions of nice names that could have Chloe as a nickname? Even if it's a bit of a stretch. So far, I've had Chloris, Clover, Clodagh, Clothilde, Claudia and Colombia/Colombine come to mind - I like Clover, but not as a first name, same with Clothilde, and Colombia/Colombine is a big stretch at best and completely implausible at worst, not to mention the negative connotations Colombine would have. The others, I dislike. Names similar to those in my signature would be appreciated, but I'm open to anything right now
    g e n e v i e v e

Violet Ruby Grace ♀ Alice Pomeline Wren ♀ India Lotus Penelope
    May Tallulah Verity ♀ Lucia Ottilie June♀ Rosa Elowen Chloë

Ivo Valentine Fox ♂ Shiloh Atlas Grey ♂ Leo Elijah Bram
    Maben Isaac Poe ♂ Emrys Casper Gabriel ♂ Kit Auberon Xavier

Well, as someone who's named Chloe, I can say that yep, it's pretty popular. I probably know upwards of 10... But still, no one manages to spell it right! Anyway, I've never thought of Chloe as a nickname, I guess because it's my full name.

Some ideas...
    Clodovea
    Cloelea/Cloelia
    Cloette
    Claudette
    Clarissa
    Clorinda

I was surprised that Cloelea/Cloelia is actually a name, but apparently it's a Latin variation of Celia/Clelia. Who knew?

My favorite is Clotilde/Clotilda. I really like the pp's sugustion of Cloelea/lia too
    ~ Elisabeth Odelia "Elsie" ~ Gideon Boone ~
    ~ Adelheid Ruby "Addie Rue" ~ Theodore Solomon "Teddy"~
    ~ Casilda Josephine "Cassie Jo" ~ Zaccheaus Westley "Zeke" ~

I think I could grow to like Clotilde/a more, but all I see when I look at it is "clot", which isn't particularly pleasant. Likewise, Cloelia/lea sounds nice to me, but the spelling is just really throwing me off, it doesn't sit quite right imo
    g e n e v i e v e

Violet Ruby Grace ♀ Alice Pomeline Wren ♀ India Lotus Penelope
    May Tallulah Verity ♀ Lucia Ottilie June♀ Rosa Elowen Chloë

Ivo Valentine Fox ♂ Shiloh Atlas Grey ♂ Leo Elijah Bram
    Maben Isaac Poe ♂ Emrys Casper Gabriel ♂ Kit Auberon Xavier

may be a bit of a stretch

Clementine
    Cleone
    Clora
    Collette
    Colleen
    Callista / Callisto
    ♥Mckinley Mayfair, Christian Wayne & Sir Angus Fionn♥

Favorites June 2016
    Elizabeth, Adelaide, Juniper, Amelia, Arabella, Beatrice, Clara, Charlotte, Cordelia, Hermione
    the rest of the girls

William, Jasper, Edgar, Gilbert, Morgan, Henry, Sebastian, Arthur, Monroe, Basil
    the rest of the boys

Lyra Primrose, Amelia Hyacinth, Emmeline Bronte/ Magnus Frey, Julian Mackenzie, Sebastian Lake
    the rest of my combos