Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Longer forms of CHLOE?

I quite like the sound (and also the look) of Chloe/Chloë at the moment, but considering how common it is around here, my perception of the name puts me off using it. I have considered Cleo, but it just doesn't appeal to me as much, and I definitely don't like Zoe/Zoë/Zoey.

Does anyone have suggestions of nice names that could have Chloe as a nickname? Even if it's a bit of a stretch. So far, I've had Chloris, Clover, Clodagh, Clothilde, Claudia and Colombia/Colombine come to mind - I like Clover, but not as a first name, same with Clothilde, and Colombia/Colombine is a big stretch at best and completely implausible at worst, not to mention the negative connotations Colombine would have. The others, I dislike. Names similar to those in my signature would be appreciated, but I'm open to anything right now
    g e n e v i e v e

Violet Ruby Grace ♀ Alice Pomeline Wren ♀ India Lotus Penelope
    May Tallulah Verity ♀ Lucia Ottilie June♀ Rosa Elowen Chloë

Ivo Valentine Fox ♂ Shiloh Atlas Grey ♂ Leo Elijah Bram
    Maben Isaac Poe ♂ Emrys Casper Gabriel ♂ Kit Auberon Xavier

Well, as someone who's named Chloe, I can say that yep, it's pretty popular. I probably know upwards of 10... But still, no one manages to spell it right! Anyway, I've never thought of Chloe as a nickname, I guess because it's my full name.

Some ideas...
    Clodovea
    Cloelea/Cloelia
    Cloette
    Claudette
    Clarissa
    Clorinda

I was surprised that Cloelea/Cloelia is actually a name, but apparently it's a Latin variation of Celia/Clelia. Who knew?

My favorite is Clotilde/Clotilda. I really like the pp's sugustion of Cloelea/lia too

~Sweet and Sassy~
    Elizabeth Winona "Elsie" ~ Adelheid Ruby "Addie" ~ Casilda Josephine "Cassie" ~ Veronica Odelia "Nicci"

~Strong and Stubborn~
    Gideon Boone "Gid" ~ Matthias Wesley "Matt" ~ Solomon Cadell "Cade" ~ Zaccheaus ________ "Zeke"

I think I could grow to like Clotilde/a more, but all I see when I look at it is "clot", which isn't particularly pleasant. Likewise, Cloelia/lea sounds nice to me, but the spelling is just really throwing me off, it doesn't sit quite right imo
    g e n e v i e v e

Violet Ruby Grace ♀ Alice Pomeline Wren ♀ India Lotus Penelope
    May Tallulah Verity ♀ Lucia Ottilie June♀ Rosa Elowen Chloë

Ivo Valentine Fox ♂ Shiloh Atlas Grey ♂ Leo Elijah Bram
    Maben Isaac Poe ♂ Emrys Casper Gabriel ♂ Kit Auberon Xavier

may be a bit of a stretch

Clementine
    Cleone
    Clora
    Collette
    Colleen
    Callista / Callisto