Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Calliope maybe. Or Calypso.
    Mrs. H.
    Trying for our first.
    Jack . Walker . David . Gabriel . Joe . Michael
    Clementine . Marina . Nadia . Vesper . Georgia . Emerald

Somewhere along the banks of the mighty Columbia
    Clothilde is a little less clotty.

My fiancé suggested Clothilde, nn Chloe a while ago and I poo-pooed it, but now I kind of like it. I think it grows on you.
    Trying, trying, trying

Current favorites:
    Boy: Asa Guillaume, Barnaby August
    Girl: Apolline Iris- Polly, Clothilde Juno- Chloe

I used to be friends with a girl named Chlorinda/Clorinda/Khlorinda/Klorinda (not sure of the spelling) nicknamed Chloe.

Clothilde makes me think of a menstral cycle (gross, I know, sorry, but that's the first thing I thought of when I saw it).
    Ian Alexander Cameron Blaise Damien Cole Axel Sean Callum Bryce Lennox Beau
    Blair Annevieve Camryn Atalya Piper Caydence Tallulah Sage Senna Kai Haven Lux

Quote Originally Posted by mclola View Post
    I love Clementine, but not sure if even I could squeeze Chloe out of that. Clora, I like the look of, but the way it sounds bothers me - perhaps because it sounds like a botched Flora? Colette reminded me that I do like Cosette; I feel like Cosette nn Chloe would be a stretch but maybe just usable as a family nickname.

Quote Originally Posted by missusaytch View Post
    Calliope maybe. Or Calypso.
    I do really like Calliope and Calypso, especially as I do have a soft spot for the nickname Callie, and I think Chloe could definitely work there even if it is a push. I'm not sure if I can see myself using either, but I think I will work on my feelings towards Calliope

Quote Originally Posted by lilauburn13 View Post
    I used to be friends with a girl named Chlorinda/Clorinda/Khlorinda/Klorinda (not sure of the spelling) nicknamed Chloe.

Clothilde makes me think of a menstral cycle (gross, I know, sorry, but that's the first thing I thought of when I saw it).
    I feel the same about Clothilde, perhaps it's clot & cloth together that really bring that association about but it's interesting that you thought the same thing. I doubt I'd think of it if I met a little Clothilde but on "paper" that's what I associate it with. I think Chlorinda is a bit too close to chlorine for my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by roseymaam View Post
    Clothilde is a little less clotty.

My fiancé suggested Clothilde, nn Chloe a while ago and I poo-pooed it, but now I kind of like it. I think it grows on you.
    As said about, I just can't push past my associations with it. Hopefully I could, in time, because it actually was a favourite of mine once upon a time.

Thanks a lot Berries
    g e n e v i e v e

Violet Ruby Grace ♀ Alice Pomeline Wren ♀ India Lotus Penelope
    May Tallulah Verity ♀ Lucia Ottilie June♀ Rosa Elowen Chloë

Ivo Valentine Fox ♂ Shiloh Atlas Grey ♂ Leo Elijah Bram
    Maben Isaac Poe ♂ Emrys Casper Gabriel ♂ Kit Auberon Xavier

Chrysanthe
    Chryseis
    Claremonde
    Clarimond
    Clemency
    Clementia
    Cleodora
    Cliona
    Clymene
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]