Names Searched Right Now:
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Well, I'm going to court for my divorce in two days, so this is based on a name I'm soon to not have.... My married name started with an S and ended in -son. I'm not big on surname names, so I didn't have a problem with the -son ending, really. I do like many boys names that end in -en, -in, -an, etc., and I guess I would have felt not good about choosing one of those names.

The bigger problem for me was that I loved certain boys' names that ended in an s or an s sound: Angus, Nicholas, Felix, Piers, etc. I have one daughter, and I had always wanted to use Beatrix to honor a dear friend and teacher of mine who had passed away. With an S last name, I was not about to give my daughter the initials B.S. Also, her name would have sounded like Beatrisss-----son. So, we used it in the middle place. It may run together, but it matters less, really.

One other problem with an S last name: my dream name for a girl was Amelia. I was worried my husband wouldn't go for Beatrix, and my second choice for a middle name was Sophie. But then her initials would have been A.S.S. If he did like Beatrix, then the initials would have been A.B.S. Not bad, but still not great. It didn't matter: he hated Amelia, and Genevieve was the only name we could agree on. He wouldn't even let me use Amelia in the middle place, which was fine, because then her initials would have been G.A.S.

S last names suck for me. I guess I should be glad that I will soon be divorced and can (let's hope!) remarry and get a better last name!
    Mommy to Genevieve Beatrix, born 09.23.09

OH last name (my future last name) is Phillips and a name that I've loved for a while is Phoebe... Phoebe Phillips is a little too similar for me but a good middle name will break it up.
    Current favourites:
    Girls:Amelie, Annabel, Imogen and Isobel.
    Boys: Reuben, Joel, Caleb and Luca.

Jacey, Maisie, Daisy, etc.

I often feel like I can’t use Stella. Stella-la? Meh.

Lucy is also out. A lot of other two soft syllable names starting with “L” sound bizarre too. Leah? Laura? Laurel? It’s a big disappointment. With my maiden name the only names I couldn’t use would me ones starting with Mar-. So Mark (but even that wouldn’t be too bad, as my last name is longer, oh well)

http://listography.com/JessicaRoseSays

Alexander Owen ~ Patrick Thomas ~ Jack ~ Mark ~ Conor ~ Nolan ~ Ian ~ Vincent ~ Caleb
    Nora ~ Claire ~ Stella ~ Madeleine ~ Ava ~ Soleil ~ Gabrielle ~ Leah

I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but it makes me really sad to see that so many Berries have changed or are planning on changing their surnames. It might be a generational thing, or have to do where I live and went to school, but I do not know a single woman who hasn't kept/is planning on keeping her real name.

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Wren or Simon Adler | Alice Violetta or Atlas Dov | Julian 'Jules' River or Juniper 'Joon' Lovelace | Roscoe Fox or Marlowe Fritz | Jane Lucinda or Lucien Wilde | Louisa Valor or Eloise March | Ivan Elliot or Iris Cordelia | August Jack or Jasper Hale | Dashiell Jude or Judah Reeve | Thea Marina or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Finnegan Wallace or Felix Raphael

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

Quote Originally Posted by augusta_lee View Post
    I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but it makes me really sad to see that so many Berries have changed or are planning on changing their surnames. It might be a generational thing, or have to do where I live and went to school, but I do not know a single woman who hasn't kept/is planning on keeping her real name.
    I'm keeping mine, the kids get his. Because his has a level of awesomeness and intense beauty mine does not But I agree with you. Very few of my friends have changes their names.
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014