Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Love this list! I am about to become a grandma for the first time, but have been "name-obsessed" since age 10 -- and especially with "knightly" strong-but-romantic names. My son is named Tristan (and I gave him that name several years before "Legends of the Fall" when no one was using that name for baby boys :-) . . . and now he and his wife are expecting a baby boy. They were not crazy about three of my name suggestions -- Talon, Alaric, and Loic -- but do like Maro and Marin. In fact, they are now pretty committed to "Marin." (There was a lesser-known knight of the Round Table named Marin; he was given the Red City and eventually killed during the fighting surrounding the rescue of Guinevere from burning at the stake. There's also a children's book about a little boy named Marin who saves his town by dealing with a golden dragon.) Anyway, as much as I personally think "Marin" has that same strong-romantic-heroic sound as "Tristan," my concern is that, although "Marin" is very much considered solely a male name in France, Croatia, and Romania, it seems to be yet another name Americans are insisting on using for girls. (Why do people keep doing that??) Do you think it would be ok for my son to name his son Marin?

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post

My gosh I love this list! It is right up my alley! Love Magnus, Oberon, Vladimir, Ulric, Ragnar, Arthur, Cyrus, Constantine and etc!
    Ttc a baby brother or sister for Luther Wolf!

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; January 18th, 2014 at 07:16 PM.

@Ash, love the Narnia names! The horse and his boy is my favorite! Thus my dog's name ;-)
    Don't forget Rilian from the Silver Chair (can't remember if it's one L or two)
    From Prydain:
    Gwydion
    Taran
    Llonio (my favorite)
    Adaon
    Melynlas (ok, this is the horse's name, but it's so much fun to say)
    I know there are more but I can't remember them :-)
    Wife to Jordan.
    Mommy to Everett Callan, born 2010 and Callie Sage Eilonwy, born 2013
    and 2 fur babies: a male standard poodle named Shasta, and a female Australian shepherd named Scout.

If you have any questions about PCOS, infertility, ectopic pregnancy, or Cystic Fibrosis testing, please feel free to message me

How did I miss this thread? I love the one you made in the Girls Names forum, Ottilie, so I'm absolutely stoked that this popped up

My favourites:
    Antony
    Casimir
    Emrys
    Faramond
    Galahad
    Gwindor
    Leopold
    Marinell
    Oliver
    Perseus
    Ranulph
    Robin
    Taliesin
    Tresillian

Suggestions (I apologise in advance for any repeats):
    Adelin
    Amlaíb
    Bertil
    Duncan
    Magnus
    Mattis
    Sigvard
    Theuderic
    Thor
    Valacar
    Valdemar
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise "Shazza"