Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Of Knights and Heroes... and the Rest of the Gang

I've been very medieval lately. Re-watched Camelot, reading The Once and Future King and wearing heavy jewellery and velvet and embroidered stuff. Anyway, I'm always thinking about names, and I decided to make a knightly list; not about Keira, no, about knights! Knightly, chivalrous, romantic, dashing, handsome, fantastic names. And I would love your contribution. This is partly research for future little brother (and a sister thread will pop up in the girl section at some point) but also just because it's fun, and I thought it could be fun for someone else, as well as inspiring and maybe helpful?
    So what names makes you think of knight, heroes, hunters, warriors with good intentions?

Inspirational links: one - two - three - four - five - six - seven - eight - nine - ten

My list already consists of:

Alaric
    Antony
    Artegal
    Bayard
    Bedivere
    Bellangere
    Bertram
    Calidore
    Casimir
    Eindride
    Emrys
    Faramond
    Faulkner
    Finvarra
    Galahad
    Gareth
    Gawain
    Gillemere
    Guyart
    Gwindor
    Hadrian
    Hector
    Hefeydd
    Herne
    Idris
    Lancelot
    Leonidas
    Leopold
    Lionell
    Lohengrin
    Lothaire
    Loxias
    Lucius
    Marinell
    Oliver
    Orlando/Roland
    Paladin
    Palomedes
    Pelleas
    Percivale
    Peregrine
    Perseus
    Philemon
    Rainier
    Ranulph
    Robin
    Roderick
    Roscelin
    Taliesin
    Tiberius
    Tresillian
    Tristan/Tristram

Go ahead and have fun! If that strikes your fancy...

edit: added amazingly suggested named on page 2, post #12
    Last edited by ottilie; April 29th, 2013 at 06:27 AM.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Great list. I've been watching Vikings. And you may want to add Ragnar to your list.

I ADORE Emrys, but couldn't see using it. I like Gavin as well, and Roderick. Gareth is nice. I like Lionell, but I think thats mostly in part because of Lex's dad on Smallville. Oliver is nice too but it just makes me think of the Green Arrow.
    Wanting to be pregnant.

A few magic favourites and a load of GPs which have a mediaeval feel to me:

Alwyn, Arthur, Bawden, Connoc, Digory, Edmund, Enoder, Fabian, Gawen, Gilbert, Grenfell, Griffith, Guenedoc, Hector, Hender, Ignatius, Jacca, Julian, Kea, Locryn, Ludo, Magnus, Morgan, Pasco, Perran, Peter, Petherick, Ralph, Ruan, Saundry, Talan, Tristan, Udy, Yestin

I'm afraid I'm not very imaginative--I keep coming back to knightly stories I love!

Oliver (inspired by Arrow, apparently)
    Peter (inspired both by the Chronicles of Narnia and The Hunger Games--despite the grotesque backdrop to the story, and its juvenile appeal, Peeta seems like such a good, knightly sort of soul)
    Edmund (again, inspired by Narnia!)
    Caspian (Narnia. Again!)
    Shasta (again, another Narnian name! It may not be so usable on a boy--I've heard it's technically a girls' name somewhere?--but after The Horse and His Boy I can't really see it on a girl. I think it'd be a pretty cool MN...)
    Tristan (Tristan and Isolde)
    Graham (OUAT! I'm no longer into the show, but I used to love it, and I loved Graham)
    D'Artagnan (I'm currently reading The Three Musketeers. )
    Aramis
    Edward (meh, I don't know where this came from, but I got the BBC miniseries of Sense and Sensibility for my birthday last month, and Edward Ferrars has such a knightly soul! He was the only real non-warrior that seemed to carry this image for me. )

And I'm pretty much stumped from there on. Obviously I'm not quite as imaginative when it comes to names as you, I just think of all the literature I adore so much. At least some of the ideas weren't repeats!

I also love your idea of Leopold! I adore it.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Hmmm. You are infinitely more imaginative than me but this is fun so here I go!!!

Audric
    Aylwin
    Byram
    Leland
    Roldan
    Ulmer
    Merek
    Gareth

Hmm. If I think of more I'll be back.
    Zoe Milena
    9/12/14