Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Want Something Weird but not Stupid...

I haven't written something in too long and I need some name suggestions. I'm trying to write something post-apocolyptic, and I want names you don't see much, but don't look or sound stupid and over the top. It could be anything from archaic names you never hear anymore to something made up, but doesn't look too trendy by today's standards, no Nevaeh or Avabellaleelynuneededletters.

Some Finds

Varina: Rhymes with Marina. Stole this from Varina Davis, First Lady of the Confederacy. I liked her name and I don't think she's well known enough for associations to be drawn. Can't find a consistent meaning for this, some people think it's a standalone name others think it's a variation of Verina.

Elisenda: Was a medieval Queen of Aragon. Not sure if it works for a futuristic character. Sounds like it'd be better in a fantasy.

No names for guys thus far.

Help me out, list 5 or so names you'd use. Thanks

Adalycta - just made this one up, but I like the "lyct" noise and how futuristic it sounds.
    Lorelei - real name, used, seems futuristic to me.
    Sevenia - originates from the number 7, why not?
    Ryan - for a girl, this could be futuristic,
    Raina - A real name that you never hear
    Heliothrope - old fashioned, but you never hear it, so it could just as easily be futuristic.
    Forely (four ah lie)- 4/forest/firefly/leah
    Candline - just took the word candle and caroline.

Hope some of these spark some interest or creative juices to make a name!

I feel your pain i have recently named my main character but no one likes it... Oh well, I do.
    For girls:
    Merit
    Persephone
    Calliope
    Raine

For boys:
    North
    Allamander
    Lucian
    Lasander
    Petra
    -Alexis-
    teen berry

To me, many names from mythology sound futuristic.

Girls:

Adrasteia
    Thalassa
    Despina

Boys:

Eryx
    Endymion
    Cephisso (actually a daughter of Apollo, but I think it would work on a male character)
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosalind/Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Annunziata, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell

Quote Originally Posted by staplerwithteeth View Post
    Avabellaleelynuneededletters.
    Everything about that is magical. Just saying.

Mage
    Sunny
    Theirra
    Thisbe
    Corrin
    Colony
    Ashka
    Leira
    Hanlen
    Raistlin
    Worth
    Pavel
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.