Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: A Real Charmer

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by ciottolo View Post
    Does it immediately spring to mind to everyone, this Charmin toilet paper malarkey?
    In a word, yes. You can't watch an hour of television, really, without seeing the commercials. Charmin is everywhere.

I'm a huge fan of Shakespeare, although I have far from read all of his works. I haven't come across Charmian before, but my first thoughts were the toilet paper, and that Charmian must be a masculine form of Charmaine or something along those lines. While the -ian ending is used on both genders (Lillian, Vivian, etc. for girls; Julian, Lucian, Sebastian, Aurelian, Valerian, Florian, etc. for boys), it seems much more prevalent on boys. Straight off, it struck me as quite masculine, sorry. But hey, Shakespeare makes almost everything okay. Maybe you could use it as a MN if you find it not-so-usable as a FN?
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George