Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Anyone still sick around 20 weeks? TMI...

My morning sickness isn't nearly as bad as it has been, but I'm still making trips to the toilets to throw up every now and then. The real problem is that now, throwing up is horrible because (sorry, nasty tmi) I end up weeing myself as well with two babies squashing my bladder.

Does this happen to anyone else? If so, how do you cope? I've been doing the muscle exercises to keep things tight down there, but it doesn't really help when I'm in the midst of puking! I've started carrying a little plastic bag so I can puke in that whilst sitting on the loo, but honestly... enough is enough! Ideas for getting rid of the last of it or coping with the new awkwardness would be much appreciated!
    Last edited by linguaphile; April 28th, 2013 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Grammar correction

I don't have experience with the peeing but I did have rough morning sickness for 6 months and I feel for you. I have no advice besides kegels and it sounds like you are doing that. I'm so sorry you are going through that and I hope it subsides soon.
    Mama to my dear little bear <3

A friend of mine had really bad morning sickness throughout her entire pregnancy. She didn't quit puking until the baby was born. Maybe you could make sure your bladder is empty all the time so when you do get sick, maybe it won't happen? I don't know... I have troubles with peeing a little when I laugh really hard, I blame it on slight nerve damage from a botched c-section. I also can't feel how full my bladder is until it hurts, and then I have trouble making it to the restroom. =/ Ah, the things moms go through.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by rowangreeneyes View Post
    A friend of mine had really bad morning sickness throughout her entire pregnancy. She didn't quit puking until the baby was born. Maybe you could make sure your bladder is empty all the time so when you do get sick, maybe it won't happen? I don't know... I have troubles with peeing a little when I laugh really hard, I blame it on slight nerve damage from a botched c-section. I also can't feel how full my bladder is until it hurts, and then I have trouble making it to the restroom. =/ Ah, the things moms go through.
    Yes, it's humiliating. I just laugh when people are like "Oooh, I'd love to have twins!" because they have no idea what they're wishing for. I did try the emptying suggestion, but it's hard to keep it bone dry all the time running to/from the toilet. Too much effort. I'm just surprised that nobody else seems to have this issue! This is my first pregnancy, so I sort-of hoped I wouldn't have to deal with stuff like this. Sigh.

I was sick pretty much the entire 9 months with 4 of mine. It wasnt an every day thing, but would come and go..worse at night actually than in the morning. Can you ask your dr for a script for Zofran (or its generic equivalent)? I took that with my last 3 pregnancies (Vio, Felix and Wolfie) and it really helped. Granted I got constipated when I took it, but, still...not being able to poop is really painful and annoying but loosing weight, getting dehydrated and vomitting is even more so. I was really sick this last time, but had a healthy 8 1/2 pound baby. Had an official dx of HG with my oldest, but never got that DX again with any of the others. (I never gained tons of weight or anything, but even with loosing I gained enough to be on the "right side" of high risk with the rest...I do see a MW for homebirths and none of them were afraid to "drop me" had I lost too much or the baby wasnt growing or what not)

As far as peeing goes, wear a pad every day and change it when needed. I was always able to get away with just plain maxi pads or panty liners, but you can go with the Poise pads or what not if you need to do it. I never actually urinated "full force" but would leak from time to time when throwing up (almost always). Pregnancy ailments cause us to have no shame, eh? Lots of love to you, I know how much this sucks. This is the big reason why we are *done* having babies....Oh and make sure you take care of your teeth as much as you can. Mouthwash after every puke and what not...I have 2 teeth that are *wrecked* because of vomitting as much as I did over the past 11 years so please, take care of your teeth. <3
    Married to my love since August 2001
    --—————————————
    My lovely bunch of coconuts;
    Sebastian Elihu (7/02)
    Bronwen Eliza (2/04)
    Linus Ezra Graham (9/06)
    Violet Leona (1/09) and
    Wolfgang Levi (3/13)
    Always missing our Felix Emmanuel (10/10-10/10)