Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Is Niall too geeky or old-man?

Ok, so we're still working on our boy options here in case it turns out our twins are boy/ boy. We really love Felix Peter for one of them , but I'm wondering if Niall is completely odd with it... does it sound like a crusty old man or a nerd? DH suggested it, so I thought I'd bring it to the berries. The middle name would probably be Gray.

Other possibilities for a pairing would be Maxwell, Robert,or Isaac.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I like it and I think it is uncommon enough not to suggest any Particular generation. For 'old man' I think Terry, Kenneth or Walter. I'd put it in the same classic category as Myles.
    Thrilled to be mother to @gnes Ei1ish Madeline and Fe1icity Bridget Be@trice

If we'd had boys the list was: Godfrey, Seamus, Alexander, Michael, Felix, Peter, Ignatius & Sebastian.

I don't think Niall is old man or nerdy at all! Quite the opposite in fact- I don't know of any Nialls older than about 20. Isn't there a Niall in The Wanted or One Direction? One of those boy bands that tweens love? That gives it a modern, current vibe. Anyhow, it seems very fresh and modern to me- a lovely match with Felix Peter (which is gorgeous!). Only thing I'm not sure on is the middle name. I don't think Gray goes too well with Niall. Maxwell Gray would be my suggestion from your names.

For other pairings with Felix: Tristan, Hugo, Oscar, Dexter, Milo, Leo, Edmund, Oliver, Jonas, Daniel, Sebastian, Morgan, Reuben, Jasper, Julian

Quote Originally Posted by charlieandperry1 View Post
    I don't think Niall is old man or nerdy at all! Quite the opposite in fact- I don't know of any Nialls older than about 20. Isn't there a Niall in The Wanted or One Direction? One of those boy bands that tweens love? That gives it a modern, current vibe. Anyhow, it seems very fresh and modern to me- a lovely match with Felix Peter (which is gorgeous!). Only thing I'm not sure on is the middle name. I don't think Gray goes too well with Niall. Maxwell Gray would be my suggestion from your names.

For other pairings with Felix: Tristan, Hugo, Oscar, Dexter, Milo, Leo, Edmund, Oliver, Jonas, Daniel, Sebastian, Morgan, Reuben, Jasper, Julian
    Thanks! Gray is a family name, so we wanted to use it with one of the boys since Peter is my husband's name and we don't want the other one to feel left out... Would it be better to switch them, do you think, or perhaps go with a different family name like Robert or Charles?

Niall is wonderful! It doesn't sound old or "crusty" to me. It sounds very fresh and handsome actually. I think Gray sounds awesome as the middle name, it adds to the spunky feel of your other choices. Felix Peter is very handsome and Niall Gray sounds very cool for his twin brother. Felix and Niall; very nice set.

Maxwell or Isaac would also fit very well with Felix, but I don't think Robert would. Robert does sound a bit old and nerdy to me. Maxwell and Isaac are fresh and cute, like Felix. However, I actually do like Niall the best and think it goes the best with Felix Peter. And if your hubby likes it then that's all the better.

Good luck to you.
    Last edited by heidieliza; April 28th, 2013 at 10:08 PM.