Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Nope, not at all! It is an old name, as in, it's been used for a long time, but when I hear it I think of Niall from One Direction as I'm guessing quite a few other people will too. So it's not crusty or old-man, but people might think that's where you got the name from, if that bothers you at all. On the upside, people will probably now know how to pronounce and spell it.

Niall Gray is cool and it sounds great with Felix Peter.
    Livia, sixteen.

Top Names:

Tobias Rowan | August Dmitri | Finnian Beck
    Saskia Maeve | Bryony Saoirse | Aurelia Salome

Namelist

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeace13 View Post
    I love Niall and it would be on my list if it wasn't so close to Niles and people mistake my sons name Nils for Niles pretty constantly. Makes me think of the actor Niall Matter who is smoking hot.
    I was just talking to my dad about how all the swedish names in my family get butchered by us Americans! One of those names is Nils too.

Anyway, I think Niall is an awesome name and I think Gray goes really well in the middle spot. Good choice
    My Favorites:

Colette Kristine. Alice Evanna. Gemma Elizabeth. Mabel Verity. Rosalie Grace.

Jack Jeffrey. Carson Luke. Felix James. Leo Patrick. River Justin.

can't wait to marry my love!

Not geeky or "old man" at all! And honestly, Niall and Felix seem like a perfect twin set!! Are you by chance in the UK? These names feel very British to me and the only two Nialls I've met (or known of) have been British. Just a heads up, though, if he's ever in the US, he will probably get "Neal" a fair amount. I worked with a (British) Niall, and he got "Neal" all the time, which is unfortunate because Niall sounds so much lovelier and fresher than "Neal". Thought I should mention it, but it wouldn't stop me from using it (and I'm in the States). For me, the corrections would be worth it to have such a great name.

I actually knew a wonderful guy from Africa named Nhial. I've always loved that name.

Quote Originally Posted by catheyc View Post
    Not geeky or "old man" at all! And honestly, Niall and Felix seem like a perfect twin set!! Are you by chance in the UK? These names feel very British to me and the only two Nialls I've met (or known of) have been British. Just a heads up, though, if he's ever in the US, he will probably get "Neal" a fair amount. I worked with a (British) Niall, and he got "Neal" all the time, which is unfortunate because Niall sounds so much lovelier and fresher than "Neal". Thought I should mention it, but it wouldn't stop me from using it (and I'm in the States). For me, the corrections would be worth it to have such a great name.
    I'm American, but my husband is English and we live in London. I know what you mean about the confusion over pronunciation--'Nile' actually is the English mis-pronunciation of the Irish spelling of Neal... That said, the shifted pronunciation so common here that I think most people would call him Nile if they saw that spelling, which would be our intent. Everyone I know with that name pronounces it the newer way.