Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Red face Please help me with the name Thea

My husband likes the name Thea,(pronounced THEE-UH) and it's definitely growing on me. According to nameberry Thea is the name of the Greek goddess of light and the mother of the sun, moon, and dawn. I think it's quite pretty!

Is this an ok name by itself or should it be a nickname for something like Theadora, or Althea? What other names could it be short for?

What would be a good middle name for it?

Thank you!

I love Alethea nn Thea (prn uh-LEE-thee-uh). But I think Thea stands on its own quite well- Theodora (prefer this spelling) is kind of clunky and Althea sounds too old lady for me.
    ~lucy reine~
    ~ celestine eira ~ mary simona ~ elizabeth echo "ellie" ~ eleanor maeve "lena" ~ vivienne isla ~ celia matilda "cici" ~ catherine aiko "rin" ~ elsa verity ~
    ~ jasper red ~ evander lachlan 'evan'~ kai nicholas ~ ezra link ~ avery thomas ~ michael satoshi "mischa" ~ finn jeremias ~ ezekiel hayden ~ alexander rowan "sacha" ~
    guilty pleasures
    ~ tisiphone aria ~ alecto elpis ~ miya lucida ~ addison matteo ~ corinthian tidus ~

Thea is a lovely name on its own but I also like it as the nn for Theadora, Athena, Anthea or Alethea. Theadora's probably my favourite of those options.
    Thrilled to be mother to @gnes Ei1ish Madeline and Fe1icity Bridget Be@trice

If we'd had boys the list was: Godfrey, Seamus, Alexander, Michael, Felix, Peter, Ignatius & Sebastian.

I think Thea is a good name that can stand on it's own, but it's just as cute as a nickname for many names. I really like Athena, with Thea as a nn for it.
    If I had a baby right now, I'd name it,
    Scarlett Amelia or Emerson Joseph.
    I also like Cashel, Gabriel, Genevieve, & Juliette. + So much more.
    I'm Ashley btw, and I'm 19!
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9822324

My old co-worker has a niece named Thea, so I can see it standing on its own easily enough. I do love some of the longer versions though. Althea and Theadora are both lovely. My name is Cynthia and I wish Thea would have been my nickname instead of Cindy... sigh.
    Ttc a baby brother or sister for Luther Wolf!