Names Searched Right Now:

Hybrid View

Talking Name change - which should I go with?

Hello~! I'm sixteen and live in Denmark, who is seriously considering to change my name.
    I want to be Lyra, BUT I need a middle name, since I'm not really sold of using my current first name - Elizabeth - as a middle name anymore.
    But I'm not sure, what would sound good with the surname Addams (this is not my surname, since I have two surnames, starting with S)
    I've picked out Demeter, as I don't go by a specific gender, which can make it hard to find a good name and I'm not very fond of Hebrew names. Right now it looks like this:
    Lyra Pandora
    Lyra Demeter
    Lyra Seraphina (Hebrew)
    Lyra Elizabeth (Hebrew)

Any suggestions?
    Proud creator of Emmanuelle, Alicia, Nicodemus, Eamon, Andrew, Seventeen, Aurel, Blodfyr & Idra

~Femke Yvaine, Andromeda Dragomir, Lavender Signe, Sage Amaryllis, Winter Willow~
    ~Alexander Ludwig, Lionel Fairfax, Story Oswald, Flannery Fox, Vale Valkyrie~

My favourite would be Lyra Demeter (or Lyra Demetria perhaps?) Sorry for being dense, but when you say you don't go by a specific gender, does that mean you like unisex names? Just for middle name, or first as well? Because the ones in your list are all very feminine to me. Sorry about the interrogation, just trying to see what to suggest for you!

Anyway, with absolutely no extra information at all, my favourite Lyra combination has always been Lyra Aurelia, but then that might be a bit feminine. Lyra Asdis perhaps? It's an Icelandic name (I think!) that means 'goddess'. I'll post again if you let us know a bit more of what you're looking for - sorry again!

GIRLS: Carlotta Miriam EiraMarguerite Airlie SusannahElisabet Caieta Ruth

Car Baby Tuppence Zosia Mabel---------------------------------------------Recent Fancies: Hamish Idris February & Vivian Tamsin Blythe

Quote Originally Posted by ciottolo View Post
    My favourite would be Lyra Demeter (or Lyra Demetria perhaps?) Sorry for being dense, but when you say you don't go by a specific gender, does that mean you like unisex names? Just for middle name, or first as well? Because the ones in your list are all very feminine to me. Sorry about the interrogation, just trying to see what to suggest for you!

Anyway, with absolutely no extra information at all, my favourite Lyra combination has always been Lyra Aurelia, but then that might be a bit feminine. Lyra Asdis perhaps? It's an Icelandic name (I think!) that means 'goddess'. I'll post again if you let us know a bit more of what you're looking for - sorry again!
    I want a more masculine middle name, since Lyra has been my nickname since I was 13. And there is a "story" behind why it's Lyra, which makes it so much more dear to me. If you want it, just say so.
    I sadly think Demeter has to be legalized before I can even name myself it (which can take years), but I really love the way it fits to my sister - Hayley Dakota.
    Proud creator of Emmanuelle, Alicia, Nicodemus, Eamon, Andrew, Seventeen, Aurel, Blodfyr & Idra

~Femke Yvaine, Andromeda Dragomir, Lavender Signe, Sage Amaryllis, Winter Willow~

I'm a big believe in "Only you know which name is right for you", sometimes it takes time to find that 'right' name, but I think you already have a good idea which name is your preference, and that's what you should go with. If Demeter fits and feels like it's properly your name, then go for that one
    Personally, I like Seraphina best, but I do love the vibe I get from Lyra Demeter. Demeter is so strong!
    Lucia
    Seraphine, Jemima, Leonor, Seffora, Eulalia
    Edmund, Marius, Joscelin, Earnest, Caspar

Quote Originally Posted by lucialucentum View Post
    I'm a big believe in "Only you know which name is right for you", sometimes it takes time to find that 'right' name, but I think you already have a good idea which name is your preference, and that's what you should go with. If Demeter fits and feels like it's properly your name, then go for that one
    Personally, I like Seraphina best, but I do love the vibe I get from Lyra Demeter. Demeter is so strong!
    I too like Seraphina - really much, but ... I really have something against Hebrew names on myself and I've been like this for my whole life.
    And I forgot to mention I LOVE Greek names.