Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Slade

The land of cheese, brats, and boring flat land

Slade

Before I get into this, some background information is requisite.

About 4 years ago in December, a little boy named Slade died in our town. He was only 9. He had drowned in a river by sledding over some too-thin ice, then being pulled under by the strong current. They couldn't save him. His death was probably the most grim thing to have happened here for years.

A week ago, in the birth announcements section of our local newspaper, a new child named Sl@de John@than was born. Apparently the parents have received a good deal of censure for naming their child that so soon.

Does this make using this appellation name blasphemy?
    Any other thoughts?
    What middles complement Slade?
    ~Vincent Rosalind~

Lovely Ladies~Cecilia, Avis, Henrietta "Etta", Katherine, Imogen, Evangeline

Dashing Gentlemen~Ezra, Harrison, Noel, Matthew, Peter, Anderson, Roan

How sad about that little boy! I'm assuming you live in a small town. In my opinion, 4 years have passed... this can also be a way of honouring little Slade. I've considered using Benjamin to honour my deceased grandfather... I think few would censor me for that. I'm not really a fan of Slade as a name, though...
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

People are too sensitive. If the kid's name was Brandon and they named their new baby Brandon no one could possibly complain. I think as tragic as the original Slade's story is, his parents can't expect to hold possession of the kids' name for eternity.
    Latest list:

Girl: Lulu, Eden
    Boy: Leo, Wallace, Grady

Mommy to one sweet little boy who I loved naming Lennox Andrew Michael (Lex for short)