Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What do you associate with each of these names?

We're a week away from meeting our next little guy and I think we have it narrowed down to two primary contenders (of course, I'm liable to change the name every single day leading up to his birth because I'm so indecisive).

I'm trying to get an idea of what people would think or associate with particular names - personality, interests, etc.

We have:

Gavin Rhys
    Rhys Joseph

And, as usual, always open to suggestions Thanks!

I personally prefer Gavin Rhys. I've known 2 Gavins and both of them played guitar.

I like that Rhys is in both options. It's a great name. I'm only mediocre about Joseph and Gavin, so for this reason I personally prefer Rhys Joseph, as then Rhys is the primary name.

"I'm trying to get an idea of what people would think or associate with particular names - personality, interests, etc."
    I don't really associate specific characteristics with either of these names though, except for maybe that Gavin Rhys will have a sense of humor (don't know why I make this association).
    Updated Name List- http://www.ebabynames.com/list/eff115- Vote away...

If we use Joseph, it would be because it's my fathers name. I'm not actually partial to it. I like Rhys, and my husband has been pretty set on using Rhys but I never have felt like 'this is it!'

We came across Gavin recently and we both felt it had potential when paired with Rhys and our last name. Then again I also love the name Bodhi for its meaning but don't think I'm brave enough to use it and think it will stay in my guilty pleasure list of names.

I love Gavin! I think it is a more masculine name than Rhys. Rhys is a bit more of a quiet bookworm, or an intellect. Gavin is sporty, loves the outdoors, plays a musical instrument and is also working on his PhD. I really like both names though, for what it's worth.

Good luck!