Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Donna

Donna

Hmmm, if you want a name that NO ONE else is likely to pick....

Donna is my mom's name, who I adore. It also has a retro-cool vibe for me, as opposed to "dated" like I might consider the names Kristen or Michelle. I don't know.... What are your thoughts? Can you see this name on a sweet baby girl? Am I wading into murky hipster territory? Lol.

For me, I don't love it enough to totally replace a first name choice with it. But seriously considering it for a middle....
    One Beloved Son - Raphael David
    Saved for Later:
    Rosemary, Phaedra, Lorena, Georgia, Theodora
    Ignatius, Lionel, Thaddeus, Laszlo, Caspian

I actually like the name Donna - Your mom and I are probably from about the same generation - and would love to see it come back.

I say this a lot - If you love a name, use it! As a middle name, especially, why not?

I like Donna because of Donna Noble from Doctor Who. The name itself is not something I would personally go for, but I think it's a lovely way to honor your mom! I would use it as a middle name because my personal belief is that a child should receive a first name that is their own and not handed down (especially when fairly close in generation).

I can't see a resurgence for Donna anytime in the near future. It seems rather stuck in the naming TARDIS for now.

Hmmm, Donna is totally in the dated, 'Michelle, Lisa and Nicole' camp for me, I'm afraid.

It would be nice as a middle to honor your mom, though.

Oh, I like Donna! It's pretty. I also like full-on versions Donata and Donatella very much.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]