Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Samuel or Lev?

Samuel or Lev?

And please tell me why : ) Thank you so much!

Samuel! Because its handsome and I love it. I would love to see Lev Samuel or Samuel Lev though!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Samuel, hands down. A very handsome, timeless classic that works on a boy of any age

Lev on its own reminds me of the Peter Stormare character in Armageddon, with his butchered Russian accent

I really like the name Samuel, and the nickname Sam. (I wish I could put in on my own list, but DH doesn't love it). It has fond associations with Dr. Seuss' Green Eggs and Ham and Sam's dogged and happy determination that by trying a food, you might discover you love it! I've known cool people with this name, which also gives me positive associations. It's easy to say and spell, yet isn't excessively common.

Lev on the other hand reminds me of the writer, Tolstoy. Feels a bit serious and ponderous to me because of that association. Also because it's already so short, it feels like there are fewer options.

Samuel. I like classic names like this. Lev sounds unfinished to me somehow - like it's a nickname for a longer name.