Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    About Noa: She's actually very different from how most people so far have seen her. Should I change her name? Or is it not such a big deal with minor characters?
    Last edited by caroline11278; May 4th, 2013 at 11:05 PM.
    Non-mommy berry, but author of Trissa Wynn, Rigby Emerson, Colette, Noa, Roscoe, and Lilith

Harleigh - Strong, maybe a slight attitude. Fiercely protective of the people she cares about.

Noa - Outgoing and cheerful, with a sense of humor. Not overly feminine. Gets along better with guys than girls (as friends). Maybe plays a sport or something. Basically your average schoolgirl.

Roscoe - Good-looking, focused, sarcastic. Great at pretty much everything he does. The kind of guy everyone admires, for various reasons, but kind of aloof. Doesn't hang out with a lot of people, but they still know who he is. Possibly has a side to him most people don't see.

Lavinia - Shy, quiet introvert. Thoughtful and reads a lot, so she's pretty smart. The kind of person who goes unnoticed half the time. Kind and sweet.

Thaddeus - Typical teenage guy. Blends in with the crowd.

Colette - Smart, sophisticated. Maybe just a little bit stuck. Has her own clique. Appearance-conscious.

Stellan - Friendly and loyal. Class clown. Gets along with most people. Kind of a geek, but not in a bad way.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will spend it's whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein.

14, writer (http://www.wattpad.com/user/arboretum), and obsessed with names since forever.

Plucky Heroines - Lyla, Waverly, Caroline, Lucy, Linnea, Early, Arielle, Ariadne, Felicity 'Fliss', Livienne, Ketura 'Kit', Laura
    Dashing Heroes - Waylon, Luca, Wilder,Stephen, Daniel, Lysander, Levi, Nathaniel, Adam

Quote Originally Posted by caroline11278 View Post
    About Noa: She's actually very different from how most people so far have seen her. Should I change her name? Or is it not such a big dead with minor characters?
    I don't think you should change it. It's not really a big deal with minor characters, and besides, I always like when a character isn't like what I assumed she would be, based on her name or anything else. It makes it more interesting,
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will spend it's whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein.

14, writer (http://www.wattpad.com/user/arboretum), and obsessed with names since forever.

Plucky Heroines - Lyla, Waverly, Caroline, Lucy, Linnea, Early, Arielle, Ariadne, Felicity 'Fliss', Livienne, Ketura 'Kit', Laura
    Dashing Heroes - Waylon, Luca, Wilder,Stephen, Daniel, Lysander, Levi, Nathaniel, Adam

Quote Originally Posted by caroline11278 View Post
    About Noa: She's actually very different from how most people so far have seen her. Should I change her name? Or is it not such a big dead with minor characters?
    Nope. I think Noa is a catch all name. If you told me she was a mermaid, a ballerina or a pirate I could see her as any of those things. As a reader I accept what I'm told. I don't have any preconceptions about the sort of person a name should be attached to because in real life calling a baby Sophie Twinkle doesn't mean she won't grow up to love dirt bikes and calling a baby Raven Batwing doesn't mean she won't grow up loving barbie pink and princesses. You can't control a persons personality with their name in real life, so it shouldn't matter in books either
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

Okay, thanks, everyone!
    Non-mommy berry, but author of Trissa Wynn, Rigby Emerson, Colette, Noa, Roscoe, and Lilith