Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    About Noa: She's actually very different from how most people so far have seen her. Should I change her name? Or is it not such a big deal with minor characters?
    Last edited by caroline11278; May 4th, 2013 at 11:05 PM.
    Non-mommy berry, but author of Trissa Wynn, Rigby Emerson, Colette, Noa, Roscoe, and Lilith

Harleigh - Strong, maybe a slight attitude. Fiercely protective of the people she cares about.

Noa - Outgoing and cheerful, with a sense of humor. Not overly feminine. Gets along better with guys than girls (as friends). Maybe plays a sport or something. Basically your average schoolgirl.

Roscoe - Good-looking, focused, sarcastic. Great at pretty much everything he does. The kind of guy everyone admires, for various reasons, but kind of aloof. Doesn't hang out with a lot of people, but they still know who he is. Possibly has a side to him most people don't see.

Lavinia - Shy, quiet introvert. Thoughtful and reads a lot, so she's pretty smart. The kind of person who goes unnoticed half the time. Kind and sweet.

Thaddeus - Typical teenage guy. Blends in with the crowd.

Colette - Smart, sophisticated. Maybe just a little bit stuck. Has her own clique. Appearance-conscious.

Stellan - Friendly and loyal. Class clown. Gets along with most people. Kind of a geek, but not in a bad way.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will spend it's whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein.

14, writer (http://www.wattpad.com/user/arboretum), and obsessed with names since forever.

Plucky Heroines - Lyla, Waverly, Caroline, Lucy, Linnea, Early, Arielle, Ariadne, Felicity 'Fliss', Livienne, Ketura 'Kit', Laura
    Dashing Heroes - Waylon, Luca, Wilder,Stephen, Daniel, Lysander, Levi, Nathaniel, Adam

Quote Originally Posted by caroline11278 View Post
    About Noa: She's actually very different from how most people so far have seen her. Should I change her name? Or is it not such a big dead with minor characters?
    I don't think you should change it. It's not really a big deal with minor characters, and besides, I always like when a character isn't like what I assumed she would be, based on her name or anything else. It makes it more interesting,
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will spend it's whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein.

14, writer (http://www.wattpad.com/user/arboretum), and obsessed with names since forever.

Plucky Heroines - Lyla, Waverly, Caroline, Lucy, Linnea, Early, Arielle, Ariadne, Felicity 'Fliss', Livienne, Ketura 'Kit', Laura
    Dashing Heroes - Waylon, Luca, Wilder,Stephen, Daniel, Lysander, Levi, Nathaniel, Adam

Quote Originally Posted by caroline11278 View Post
    About Noa: She's actually very different from how most people so far have seen her. Should I change her name? Or is it not such a big dead with minor characters?
    Nope. I think Noa is a catch all name. If you told me she was a mermaid, a ballerina or a pirate I could see her as any of those things. As a reader I accept what I'm told. I don't have any preconceptions about the sort of person a name should be attached to because in real life calling a baby Sophie Twinkle doesn't mean she won't grow up to love dirt bikes and calling a baby Raven Batwing doesn't mean she won't grow up loving barbie pink and princesses. You can't control a persons personality with their name in real life, so it shouldn't matter in books either
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: The book is now complete. All chapters are up!

Okay, thanks, everyone!
    Non-mommy berry, but author of Trissa Wynn, Rigby Emerson, Colette, Noa, Roscoe, and Lilith