Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mnmemily15 View Post
    I love the name Lucia! Which pronunciation would you use? My name is Emily and I'm in love with it because I think it is the ultimate pretty classic name but that's just me
    I would want to use Loocheea pronunciation the most. That one appeals to me the most. And I agree about Emily, I love the name so much but I think it's so overused. It is a beautiful name though.
    Due Date: July 15th, 2013
    Girls: Spencer, Lucia, Aria, Domenica, Cassia
    Boys: Xander, Rafael, Cato, Isaiah

Quote Originally Posted by missusaytch View Post
    Lucia is really pretty but I think Charlotte is a little off with it, TBH. Just my opinion. Getting from the ch sound to the sh sound is just a but awkward to me.

Have you thought of something like Raphaella as a middle? Lucia Raphaella is super feminissima and lush and gorgeous. If I were Italian at all I'd totally go for it.

I also like Aria. Marcella is pretty too. And Domenica is incredible. For Lucia I like the nn Lux but I know it's not for everyone.

Suggestions for middles:

Lucia Corinne
    Lucia Vivien
    Lucia Isabelle
    Lucia Violet
    Lucia Emmeline

Domenica Faye
    Domenica Lucia
    Domenica Ivy
    Domenica Charlotte

Marcella Jane
    Marcella Winter
    Marcella Ruby

Aria Lucia
    Aria Domenica
    Aria Raphaella
    Aria Katriel
    Aria Sistine
    Aria Sloane
    Aria Noelle

Congratulations and best wishes!
    You're right about Lucia Charlotte, I never thought about that. And thank you for saying that about Domenica, it was my great grandmther's name. I would most likely use opit as a middle name to honor her. Lucia Emmeline, Lucia Violet, Domenica Lucia, Domenica Charlotte, Marcella Ruby, and Aria Sloane I am in love with. Aria Sloane is my favorite actually! Thank you sooo much, you were such a big help in narrowing down my list!!
    Due Date: July 15th, 2013
    Girls: Spencer, Lucia, Aria, Domenica, Cassia
    Boys: Xander, Rafael, Cato, Isaiah

One of my favorite girl names is Marcella, and I see it used so rarely! I like most of the others too, except Spencer.

Sloane's really interesting, but its got a certain feel about it that if you had a little sibling for Aria Sloane, you'd want to make sure their name would compliment it well, and Sloane is kind of tricky. Names that kind of give me the same vibe as Sloane are Harper, Sawyer, Sullivan, Piper, and even Spencer.

Family ties and culture to names are really great, and I think they're important to use them, especially when you like them. Unfortunately, a name like Sloane would be hard to put next to a Domenica in the future. That isn't to say that I don't like Aria Sloane, or the feel to it; it's cool, hip, and fresh, and I'm all about that. There's just this other side to me that loves old names like Raphaela and it's ties to the past.

Lucia and Aria go really well together, so if you use one over the other, don't forget about the other! (The cool thing about Lucia, is that it's easily translatable to Luca for a boy.)

Aria Domenica
    Lucia Raphaela

or

Aria Sloane
    Lucia Spencer
    Last edited by liviajoan; April 29th, 2013 at 10:42 PM.
    aurora- autumn- ashwyn- bambi- bernadette- calliope- emmalou- henriette- indigo- ione- january- lark- leela- llewellyn- lydia- marnie- molly- narnia- noelle- oralee- penelope- philomena- rain- raven- roxy- ruby- snow- tessa- thora- waverly- willow- winter- wren- zoe | abel- aesop- angus- banjo- bartholomew- bear- bruce- burkley- darwin- elliot- finn- flynn- foster- henry- indigo - knox - laszlo - lyle - navy - nemo - noah - otis - oakley - rainn - thatcher - thomas - thompson - titus - zen

I like Rafaella, Emiliana, Christiana, Chiara, Natalia, Valentina, Lucia, Aria, Cressida, Veronica, Savina, and Lorena in the Italian-ish category.
    Emiliana Pari (or Valentina Hasti?) Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia
    Camellia Seraphine, Jessamine Ara