Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    If you want to call her Isla then name her Isla. Isla is a legitimate name. The letters are there so it could work, but I just think Isabelle has so many established nn that getting people to call her Isla would be difficult.
    My darling little Bean is a G I R L!
    Making her debut September 2014

I personally wouldn't. I know the letters are in the right order, but the starting sounds are so different. I see Isla as its own, stand-alone name, totally unrelated to Isabella. Sometimes I do like stand-alone, separate names as nicknames, but usually that's to take a wilder, GP name (Mars, Thor) and help it fit my style more (Marshall, Arthur). Since Isla and Isabella are on a fairly similar plane, I confess it doesn't make as much sense to me that it would function as a nn for Isabella. I too like Isa better. (Granted, all that's my opinion. You can, of course, do whatever you like )

I think it would be fine.

I think it could work, in theory. While they have the same letters, they don't share any sounds. I think Isabella is closer, but it's still weird. But I see where you're coming from: Isla and Isabelle are match-y for sisters, and both are amazing names (even if you aren't expecting).
    But Isla has no connection to Isabelle.

*If you pronounce Isla as ees-luh (the Spanish prn), I think it would make a lot more sense.
    ~lucy reine~
    ~ celestine eira ~ mary simona ~ elizabeth echo "ellie" ~ eleanor maeve "lena" ~ vivienne isla ~ celia matilda "cici" ~ catherine aiko "rin" ~ elsa verity ~
    ~ jasper red ~ evander lachlan 'evan'~ kai nicholas ~ ezra link ~ avery thomas ~ michael satoshi "mischa" ~ finn jeremias ~ ezekiel hayden ~ alexander rowan "sacha" ~
    guilty pleasures
    ~ tisiphone aria ~ alecto elpis ~ miya lucida ~ addison matteo ~ corinthian tidus ~

I don't think it would work well. They are totally different sounds. If Isla were pronounced "is-la" and not "eye-la," then I would say it could work.
    Current Favorites:
    Elizabeth Lily nn Ellie
    Mary Emmeline nn Maisie
    Sarah Evangeline nn Sadie

Nathaniel nn Nate