Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Adair

Adair

What do you think of the name Adair on a boy? I think it's really handsome. I know it's unisex, but to me I think it's more appealing on a boy. All opinions appreciated, I won't get offended.

p.s Not pregnant, just expanding my name list.
    Libby Felicity Annalise Isla Phoebe Carina Violet Martha Ariana | Iowan Macsen Henry Isaac Jude Freddie Aneurin Niall Adair

I love it but find it hard to picture on someone. Can't think of a good nickname for it either. But I prefer it for boys. Handsome.
    Maximus Alexander (April 2012)
    Audrey Juliet Sophia (August 2014)
    Owner of "The Art of Naming!"

I'm not fond of it on a boy, but I can see the appeal. But in my head, it's all girl.
    ~inside this teenberry's mind ~
    ~
    Vote on combo possibilities (updated 4/5/14)
    ~
    Slowly reconstructing
    ~
    ♀ ~ Adair ~ Cassia ~ Cecilia ~ Cordelia ~ Ivy ~ Kestrel ~ Lyra ~ Mary ~ Petra ~ Shira ~

♂ ~ Benjamin ~ Caspian ~ Finnian ~ Jack ~ Julian ~ Levi ~ Nathaniel ~ Ronan ~ Tristan ~

☺ ~ Cassia Jane ~ Cordelia Alice ~ Ivy Seraphina ~ Lyra Genevieve ~ Mary Valentina ~ Shira Beatrix ~
    ~ Jack Peregrine ~ Julian Hawthorne ~ Ronan Wilder ~

Considering: ~ Finnegan ~ Lux ~

I like Adair and I prefer it on a boy. Probably because it has the words "a dare" in it which conjures up an element of danger. Those words might prove problematic for a girl once she reaches adolescence (it's like you're daring all the boys to make a move on her or something. Yes, the double standard is still alive and well). Dare would be a good nn. There was a Nameberry member a while back who chose the Adare spelling for a girl due to a family connection with the town of Adare in Ireland.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Thank you all for the responses, the name is growing on me the more I say it. I also like the nickname Dare @mischa, and I was also thinking Derry as a nickname too, does anyone think that could work?
    Libby Felicity Annalise Isla Phoebe Carina Violet Martha Ariana | Iowan Macsen Henry Isaac Jude Freddie Aneurin Niall Adair