Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Future little niñas

This is all just thinking for the future but I needed some distraction as my insurance changed the tier my BC was in and it now costs me $40. For 28 pills that turn me into an emotional blubbering idiot or a ranging hormonal lunatic. *breathing in and out slowly*

My names are all over the place style-wise. Popularity of a name doesn't deter me from using it. I had a strict "cannot end in a" rule because of my future last name, but I threw that out the window as I was finding it REALLY hard to find names I liked that didn't end in a. Also, (and this is a deal-breaker) the name HAS to be pronounceable in Spanish. So for example, I adore the name Bryony but in Spanish it's just bad. Very bad. If Spanish isn't your thing, just remember it's pretty phonetic and the vowels go ah, eh, ee, oh, oo (like in food)... every time.

From the list below, which do you like? Are there any you'd eliminate because you don't think they fit with the others? Any that you'd pair together? Any suggestions? Berries are name geniuses!

Zoe
    Noemí
    Alina
    Elinor
    Cassandra
    Anastasia
    Cecilia (the meaning of this one kills me, but I can't get rid of it)
    Amaia/ Amaya (another one where the meaning kills me, but it's so beautiful)
    Zara
    Kassiani (a bit of GP)
    Madeline (not my favorite spelling, but the only one that gets it close for Spanish, and my aunt's name is Mady
    Miranda
    Lior/ Eliora/ Liora
    Carina
    Camila
    Beatriz
    Eleni
    Zahira
    Ophelia
    Aisha (someone mentioned in another thread not to use this name if you aren't Muslim... I don't want to offend people so if this is true, I can eliminate it... I just love the meaning.)
    Vashti

Sorry for how long this is...
    Last edited by dindlee; April 27th, 2013 at 02:16 PM. Reason: damn you autocorrect!
    My darling little Bean is a G I R L!
    Making her debut September 2014

Beatriz Noemí is beautiful! And Cassandra Eleni is stunning!

I also love Vashti, and Eloira and like Zoe and Miranda.

I'm not sure of a pairing with Vashti from these choices though- sorry!

I might pair it with:

Vashti Sela
    Vashti Noor
    Vashti Sarita

And I'll add Sofia and Lux for you.
    Proud mama to L. and S.E.R.

*Magnolia Alice/ Evangeline Snow/ Adelaide Clover/Annabelle Violet/
    Wesley Rohan/ Hugo Phelan/August Grey/Thatcher Fox/ Ignatius Grey/Caius Grey*

First of all lots of hugs from one hormonal lunatic to another xox

I love that Vashti's on your list. Such a cool name and namesake! Others I love beyond the moon are Miranda, Lior (yay!), Cassandra, Noemí, Beatriz and Ophelia (Ofelia?). I also really love Cecilia. The meaning isn't off putting for me, what's really wrong with being blind? And the name's got such a long history from the ancient Romans, that adds to it's awesomeness in my opinion. And actually, as a Latinesse, the name means the way of the blind, which makes me think of somewhere safe, guided, soft... Zara is gorgeous and pleated in gold and rubies, Aisha is stunning. I don't know anyone who isn't Muslim who has this name though.

I do like your whole list, Dina, it's wonderful and you will surely have wonderfully named cutie pie babies! My brain's simply not working to well these days.

(When's your wedding, by the way? I have a feeling yours is around the same time as mine... (20th of July!))
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

My favorites are Anastasia, Ophelia, and Noemí! Amaia/Amaya's cute too. I love Amaya's meaning of "night rain".

Beatriz Noemí is beautiful! I also like the suggestion of Lux! What about Serafina?
    nineteen & renaming myself soon

I love the name Amaya, how about Amaya Elinor?
    This summer, I met some spanish girls, and thought their names (all of them) were gorgeous!
    Alexandra (Ah-lay-han-dra) (I'm not actually sure if this is how she spelt her name) And she went by Ale (ah-lay) which was adorable
    Lucilla (went by Lou), gorgoeous
    Violetta
    Sofia
    Isobel
    Fernanda (went by Nanda or Fer (pronounced fair) )
    Not sure if these are your style, but I thought they were gorgeous, especially Lou. If I ever have an excuse to name a future daughter Lou, I will!