Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which ONE? (Luckie is last name- almost)

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Emrys Brandt Luckie

42 20.90%
  • Evander Brandt Luckie

56 27.86%
  • Amias Brandt Luckie

8 3.98%
  • Amias Edward Luckie

24 11.94%
  • Jasper Brandt Luckie

71 35.32%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I love Emrys Brandt for you. As long as you don't mind geeks thinking Merlin (which is rather cool imo). Amias would be my runner up for you. All of your choices are rather terrific. The only one I'm not fond of is Jasper.

By the way, I just wanted to share, cuz I don't know if I have yet, that we don't actually know if our baby will be a boy or a girl. I've been spending lots of time coming up with the boy name because we solidified on the girl name long ago. FYI- if the baby is a girl, her name will be Mayna Hazel Rose Luckie.

Thanks for the replies everyone! I find it interesting, though not surprising, that people who like Emrys also seem to like Amias a lot. Seems to be a common 1,2 favorite.

You may be interested to know that I posted this poll on another forum elsewhere, out of curiosity (and since a large majority of Nameberries seem to be much more well-versed in the art of baby naming than your average person) and Evander got well more than half of the votes, Jasper most of the rest, Emrys only a few, and Amias not even a single one).

One thing I really appreciate is how among the nameberries who have been accompanying me on this journey of finding the perfect name since early in the process, Emrys seems to be the heavy favorite overall among these four (the overall vote is leaning towards Jasper (I imagine largely because for a lot of people it'll be the most 'accessible'/recognizable/close-to-a-name-they'd-actually-choose kind of name), but the vast majority of the posts (which include a lot of voices that have been very helpful throughout this naming process) seem to strongly favor Emrys, followed by Amias).

Not just from this post, but helped along by this post, Emrys does seem to be pulling ahead of the others in my mind (and my wife is starting to like it more and more too--- though for whatever reason, my 2.5 year old son Rayhan always says he like Amias the best whenever I ask him to choose). The Merlin association is also actually a very positive association for me, since I write a lot a lot, and aside from songs my most common thing to write is in the realm of fantasy stories aimed for a youth audience (where Merlin fits right in). The magic of Emrys makes the name even better in my mind.

And @ottilie- I have a feeling that even when the baby is born (which is still 2+ months away), I'll still hang around these forums, I've become a verified name-nerd, and I still have lots of characters for stories I write that'll need names. I like it here.
    Updated Name List- http://www.ebabynames.com/list/eff115- Vote away...

One other MN option I hadn't really considered until this moment... Ambrose... My great grandma's MN was Rose, do you think Ambrose would really be honoring her in a direct way, or is it pretty indirect? Brandt, Edward and Charles all honor people in a very direct way (and I know choosing one of those names would bring a proud smile to my grandmother's face, which is pretty much the purpose of the middle name spot as far as I'm concerned).

Emrys is, of course, the Welsh form of Ambrose, but that's a little too oblique to honor your grandmother.

It obviously can't pair with Emrys, and I don't think it sounds good with Amias due to the repetitive -s endings. Likewise with Brandt, Evander Ambrose has an inernal rhyme that doesnt work, either. But Jasper Ambrose sounds great.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

Thanks for the response blade. I think I'll have to strongly consider using the MN Ambrose if we end up going with Jasper. I think I'll have to talk to my grandma first and see whether she would feel this name would honor her family. Jasper Ambrose does have a great sound to it though. And I agree, perhaps it doesn't work so well with the other three options (especially Emrys--- Emrys Ambrose would be a very strange name indeed--- though an awesome name for a character in a book).