Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My girls list

My girls list

Clarinda nn Indy- honors a Linda and my moms hometown
    Page- county my mom was born in
    Isis- Lion King is my favorite movie and its based on the Isis/ Osiris story. Any nicknames?
    Winter- my moms maiden name
    Alexandra nn Sasha- Alexander is a family name
    Story- county I go to school in
    Scout- Honors Girl Scouts I was involved in for a long time
    Hannah- Found in my family tree but have a cousin named Hannah
    Charlotte nn Lola- family name
    Olive- family name
    Josephine nns?- Joseph is a family name

What do you think of it? Do you see any of these as a sib set with Tate?
    Last edited by vancuraa; April 27th, 2013 at 10:24 AM.
    Names I love for my future children:
    Girls: Maisy, Nora, Josephine, Lydia, Marian, Clementine, Amelia, Scout, Naomi, Darcy, Sage, Blair
    Boys:Gabriel/Gable, Kale, Easton, Jasper, Carlisle, Joseph, Jameson, Grant, Bennett, Asher

Clarinda nn Indy- I think there are better names with Linda in them, and I LOVE the nn Indy.
    Page- So bland. I've never liked this name.
    Isis- I can't think of a good nn for Isis, but it's so short I don't think it needs one. An interesting name.
    Winter- I LOVE Winter! So gorgeous and underused.
    Alexandra nn Sasha- Love it! Very common, but Sasha spices it up.
    Story- I love it, but feels like it should be a nn for Astoria, or even a double-barrel name like Story-Ann.
    Scout- ADORABLE, but I think it'd be better as a nn for Scarlett.
    Hannah- Cute but common. I prefer other forms of Anna, like Anneliese, Annika, Annora, Ann-Marie, Annabel.
    Charlotte nn Lola- Not in love with Charlotte, but Lola is FANTASTIC.
    Olive- Lovely! Feels very hipster, but stylish too.
    Josephine nns JoJo, Josie, Sephi, FiFi- Okay. I don't love or hate it.
    Last edited by namelover77; April 27th, 2013 at 04:35 PM.
    | Arabella Monet | Henrietta Plum | Isolde Noor | Agatha Ruby | Marian Primrose |
    | Emma Berlin | Cressida Lilac | Jessamine Lark | Vivienne Snow | Ireland Eve |

Clarinda- A cute way to get the Indy nickname. I like Clari for a nickname too.
    Page- I think it's better for a middle name
    Isis- I don't think it needs a nickname. The only obvious one I can see is Sissy.
    Winter- I like it.
    Alexandra- Pretty
    Story- I like Story for a boy or a girl. I think it would be cute as a double barrel name.
    Scout- I think it makes a better nickname
    Hannah- Nice, but popular
    Charlotte- nice
    Olive- I still prefer Olivia. Olive is trendy but a bit old lady.
    Josephine- Love it. nicknames- Joie/Joey, Fina

Clarinda nn Indy- honors a Linda and my moms hometown- I'm so-so on Clarinda, but Indy is cute and it's a sweet meaning.
    Page- county my mom was born in- Doesn't do much for me. I just think of the intern-type position.
    Isis- Lion King is my favorite movie and its based on the Isis/ Osiris story. Any nicknames? - The Lion King was based on Hamlet. In Egyptian mythology, Osiris is murdered and cut into 14 pieces, and Isis goes looking for the pieces so she can reassemble his body and give him the proper burial that will allow his spirit to continue existing. She finds 13 (the piece she's missing is his penis) and makes the last piece out of gold and clay. It's an interesting myth and a great name, but doesn't have too much to do with the Lion King.
    Winter- my moms maiden name- What a great maiden name! I think this is very good for a middle.
    Alexandra nn Sasha- Alexander is a family name- I love both names, but not together. I know an Alexandra nn Sasha and she gets annoyed by it. People don't realize that Sasha comes from Alexandra, so they think she just randomly renamed herself. I'd pick one or the other.
    Story- county I go to school in- Not a fan.
    Scout- Honors Girl Scouts I was involved in for a long time- Cute as a nickname, doesn't work well as a given.
    Hannah- Found in my family tree but have a cousin named Hannah- meh.
    Charlotte nn Lola- family name - Very nice.
    Olive- family name- I really dislike Olive. It's too food-y.
    Josephine nns?- Joseph is a family name- Josie, Phina, Fee, Jojo, Effie. I love this name and variant Josephina.

Clarinda- that's such a cute name! Indy is an adorable nn. Clarinda is cute, but I like Indy more.
    Page- I feel like this has been overused.
    Isis- I actually kind of like this. I don't think I would use it, but it's a good alternative to Isla.
    Winter- this name is like a guilty pleasure for me: I don't know if I could get away with it.
    Alexandra- I don't really understand the relation between Alexandra and Sasha really. You could call her Alexia or Xandra.
    Story- Different, people could make fun of her though.
    Scout- I loved this ever since I read To Kill a Mockingbird in high school! So cute! And I was a Girl Scout for a while too!
    Hannah- Overused, I like Hanna more.
    Charlotte- Loveeee it!
    Olive- I never really liked it especially since my name is Olivia.
    Josephine- I never really liked this name particularly either even though it is in my family.