Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Would You name your child something your 1st born came up with????

So here's the backstory. Our 1st son is Lyrik, our second is Ledger, for obvious reasons we were leaning towards another "L" name. We don't know what we're having but we've already decided upon a boy's name so a girl's name is all we have left to decide upon. Everyone has decided this is a girl (even though I am thinking another boy) but a few months back our oldest woke up in sheer terror, sobbing and came into our room (he's 3). He said he had a really bad dream that "baby Lauren" was in trouble. And he was referring to the baby in 'mommy's tummy'.... Now, we thought it was adorable that he was worried but we also thought it was really 'weird' that he happened to choose an L name. This is a name we would have NEVER said, we don't watch alot of t.v so I'm not sure where he would have come up with it and it's not exactly on our favourite name list (although we all agree it's very pretty), and it's not exactly 'unique' like the boys' names (infact, it goes against our rule of it being waaaaaaaay too common)... But for some reason, he keeps calling 'her' that and my Mom and husband have already put their stamp of approval on it simply because of HOW the name came to be...

So... Would you let your 3 year old name your baby!?!?!?!?

My dad was the youngest of 9 children and they grew up very poor. He was born on the same day as an older sibling, and so that sibling got to name him as a birthday present. It has been a great story that has been told and retold around our family for years. (I'm sure if the name had been something awful, we might feel differently.) I think if you like it, and your husband likes it, then why not??

Quote Originally Posted by frances322 View Post
    My dad was the youngest of 9 children and they grew up very poor. He was born on the same day as an older sibling, and so that sibling got to name him as a birthday present. It has been a great story that has been told and retold around our family for years. (I'm sure if the name had been something awful, we might feel differently.) I think if you like it, and your husband likes it, then why not??
    That is a pretty awesome story actually. My Mom said the nun's always named the kids so all 10 of her siblings were named by nuns and not her parents. They weren't very original though, my Mom is a twin (boy and girl) and their names are Robert and Roberta lol BUT the story that your Dad was named by a sibling as a gift is pretty darn special! Thanks so much for the story and the input!!

That's a tricky situation. I guess it all depends on how you feel about the name. Lyric, Ledger and Lauren sound nice together, and if you haven't got any other girls names, then maybe. Also, I guess it really depends on do you like the name Lauren? And how much do you like the other girls names on your list. I wouldn't pick Lauren just because your son liked the name, but if you all like the name, then why not?

Quote Originally Posted by waverly1234 View Post
    That's a tricky situation. I guess it all depends on how you feel about the name. Lyric, Ledger and Lauren sound nice together, and if you haven't got any other girls names, then maybe. Also, I guess it really depends on do you like the name Lauren? And how much do you like the other girls names on your list. I wouldn't pick Lauren just because your son liked the name, but if you all like the name, then why not?
    The only reason I am seriously considering it is because we are having the worst luck picking a girls name! It's become more of a stress than anything. We have a few other names on the list, but none are "L" names which I'd really prefer to stick with (or perhaps I'm silly for thinking she'd feel 'left out' if she didn't have an "L" name).. But yea! I think the only contenders are Indiana or Elodie but neither 'wow' us either. So that's why Lauren seems to be in the running. I just worry about popularity. I grew up in the generation of Ashley's, Jennifer's and Jolene's and although there is absolutely nothing wrong with those names, when you grew up having to say "Ashley A, Ashley R, Ashley T", it got a bit much so that's why we chose something less mainstream for the first 2.

Thanks for the input either way!! I just didn't know if I was crazy for even considering it! lol