Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by moonkai View Post
    Hey, inspiration comes from everywhere. LOVE your kids names by the way, I want to name my second son Lyric (if I am so blessed).

You could always go with an alternate spelling, like Loren.
    Thanks! We are pretty fond of the names too And you're right, inspiration does come from everywhere!! I would consider a different spelling like Loren or Lauryn but we'll see if it gets that far!

Thanks for the input!!

Quote Originally Posted by frances322 View Post
    My dad was the youngest of 9 children and they grew up very poor. He was born on the same day as an older sibling, and so that sibling got to name him as a birthday present. It has been a great story that has been told and retold around our family for years. (I'm sure if the name had been something awful, we might feel differently.) I think if you like it, and your husband likes it, then why not??
    That is a pretty awesome story actually. My Mom said the nun's always named the kids so all 10 of her siblings were named by nuns and not her parents. They weren't very original though, my Mom is a twin (boy and girl) and their names are Robert and Roberta lol BUT the story that your Dad was named by a sibling as a gift is pretty darn special! Thanks so much for the story and the input!!

I like Lauren. It is a bit tamer than your boys' names, but what a sweet story to tell her some day! I suppose it all comes down to whether you're comfortable using Lauren. If not, you could use it as a middle name to keep the connection. You could switch it to Laurel, if the popularity bothers you, too, or maybe Linden.
    Mama to Caleb Nicholas, Annabel Hope, and Grace Ramona
    <>

As for popularity, Lauren came in at #62 with 4,076 births in 2011. #1 Sophia had 21,695. For comparison, the year I was born (1982), Jennifer was #1 with 57,099 births. Even popular names aren't as popular as they used to be. The social security administration breaks the numbers down into individual states, too, if you want to explore further.
    Mama to Caleb Nicholas, Annabel Hope, and Grace Ramona
    <>

I love the suggestion of Laurel for you.
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

The Classics: Caroline, Catherine, Elizabeth; Benjamin, James, Luke
    Celtic Flair: Annabel, Claire, Maeve; Evan, Liam, Patrick
    Short & Sweet: Eve, Jane, Rose; Hugh, Jack, Leo