Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Brooklyn - feminine or masculine

is brooklyn feminine or masculine??
    ♡ Matthew ♡
    ♡ Mackenzie Kristopher ♡ Phoebe Teagan ♡

To me, it could be either. It's got feminine sounds to it - Brooke is a fairly popular girls' name, and -lyn is a trendy feminine ending, but the only two Brooklyn's I know (well, one Brooklyn and one who has it as a middle name with an equally unisex first name) are both boys, and both now around the age of two or three. As it's technically a place name, I don't think it 'has' a gender like other, more established names like John and Mary do. I could quite easily see a boy Brooklyn as a girl Brooklyn.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

It's unisex. Feminine because of the popular -lyn suffix. and Masculine because of Brooklyn Beckham. I really like it as a boy's name but wouldn't use it because many would think he was a girl. Instead I would be more likely to use Brooks for a boy, and call him Brooklyn as a mummy-only nickname kind of thing.
    Current Loves: Tobias Henry and Sebastian Keith

It depends.
    If you compare Brooklyn, to let's say, Arabella, Brooklyn is obviously the more masculine of the two.
    But if you mean masculine, as if sounding like a boys name, it's to feminine.
    Brooklyn and other variants are to commonly used for girls and therefore I would consider it a feminine name.
    i don't consider it a unisex name, just as much as I consider Sydney or Theresa are boy's names (I don't).
    it is technically a place name, but I consider most place names to be feminine (Paris, London, Asia...)
    I would never consider London for a boy, maybe because I grew up with Suite Life of Zack and Cody.
    -Alexis-
    teen berry

Brooklyn has been on my boy's list forever. I don't find it feminine at all though I'm not opposed of it on a girl I just prefer a boy.
    Current Favorite Names
    ♀ Monet | Monroe | Celsius (MN) | Malachi | Chai | Iowa
    ♂ Celsius (MN) | Monroe | Andrew

"Cat Mom" to: Tiger Lilly Jane