Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Could I Use This Name?

The thread asking what names are off limits because of a last name is inspiring me to ask this. I (we) have been really struggling with a boy's name for my baby due at the beginning of July. I was feeling the same stress regarding the girl's name, but in the end, my BF and I returned to the original first name we had always planned on, and then we found a very meaningful mn to pair it with.

I was hoping to find something as meaningful for the boy name. It's a struggle. I have names I really like, but I don't get the feeling any of them are the one. We recently set on the middle name Sanders. My mom, Sandy, died 2 years ago this May, and she would be so absolutely thrilled to have another grandchild, particularly a grandson. All of my friends really like Sanders as a first name, but I have shot it down as a fn because baby's last name will be Baumgartner after my BF. I am worried that the repeating -er sounds are just too much.

What do you all think? Does Sanders Baumgartner have too much -er going on?

Baby will have 2 middle names. The second middle name is my last name. It's 3 letters and simple. The first middle name would still need to be determined.
    Mama to
    Desmond Sanders, born 7/2013
    and dog son, Lambeau

I don't think it's too much "er" at all.
    So, you're thinking, Sanders something something Baumgartner or something Sanders something Baumgartner?
    I think Sanders Baumgartner is fine and a lovely way to honour your mother. I will think some about another middle for you!
    By the way, I love your girls name choice! Ione Marin is beautiful. Were you thinking of including a Sandy-related name if you have a girl?
    To use the name Sanders, whether as a first or middle, you could pair with Calvin, Malcolm or Ezra from your signature. I'd avoid Caspian, Leonidas and Sterling because of the "s" sounds. Hope that helps!
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

Quote Originally Posted by sarahmezz View Post
    By the way, I love your girls name choice! Ione Marin is beautiful. Were you thinking of including a Sandy-related name if you have a girl?
    No, because Ione is my grandmother's name, and Marin honors my BF's mother, Mary. My mom will only be honored in the name if this baby is a boy
    Mama to
    and dog son, Lambeau

I don't think its too much -er, especially with the s at the end. I love the meaning behind it too.

Thanks @sarahmezz and @sweetpeacelove. You are helping me to rethink this. My BF loves it as a first name so I think he'd be on board. Now I need to come up with some middles. I like my original first name options (Malcolm, Ezra, Calvin), but I like the middle spot to have significant meaning of some sort, and those are names I just happen to like. I could use my last name as the only middle. (I'd give my last name, but I feel like I've shared so much personal info already, I want to keep one last piece of anonymity on NB).

Anyway, I will throw this idea around with my BF and some friends for a few days and see how it ends up settling with me. I am very open to any criticisms of this too, if anyone wants to voice opinions on it. Thanks.
    Mama to
    and dog son, Lambeau