Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

Private vs Public Schooling

Firstly, we live in Australia so our schooling may be different to wherever you live, but if you have an opinion let me know!

Basically I'm just wondering... What type of school does/will your children attend? Pro's and Con's of either? Single Sex or Co-ed?

I'm asking because I had an unusual schooling experience, my husband and I both grew up on Cattle Station's in Central Australia. My home was around 200km from the nearest town so I couldn't go to proper school as a child. I had a private tutor who lived on our property for my younger years of schooling and when off to a "elite" Boarding School for my teen years. My hubby did the exact same thing although his mum taught him during his childhood. However, my husband and I live in a city now so Bugsy will need to got to a proper primary school.

Most of the schools around where we live, both public and private, have waiting lists. Although Bugsy is only 2 I've been contemplating Primary Schools (Elementary in the US), I want to get in early so I know we wont be left without a place. Depending on the school he may even attend Kindergarten there. Our circle of friends are mostly well-educated academics and prefer private, but I'm not easily influenced and have an open mind to either.

I understand people may be very opinionated and get defensive when it comes to schooling for their children, we all want the best we can provide! But please refrain from getting too heated

Lila
    Last edited by goldielocks; April 27th, 2013 at 06:20 AM.
    Mama to Bugsy William and Jem Richmond.