Names Searched Right Now:
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    I always pronounce Louis as Loo-ee. (From NZ)
    Teenberry who is obsessed with names - probably a minority on nameberry who likes popular names

Ladies: Holly|Charlotte|Lily|Chloe|Indigo|Zoe|Stella
    Gents: Jonty|Jordan|Hunter|James|Xavier|Cullen|Louie

I'm from the U.S. and live outside the city of Saint Louis which is pronounced like Lewis.
    [B]Mom to Paul, Clare, Mark, Katharine, James, and Andrew[B]
    Current favs: Mary & Thomas
    Hubby's favs: Lucy and Peter

Midwest US here; I pronounce Louis as Louie/Loo-ee and Lewis as Loo-iss

Im American and I would pronouce Louis and Lewis the same and say Loo-ee as a nn for either. Although I'm not sure why, because the only Louis' I know of are Louis Armstrong and Louis C.K. I guess it's not particularly popular here.
    Some current considerations:

Sylvie Coraline | Etta Rosalie | Hazel Miranda | Margot Eliza | Vivienne Esme | Cora Madeleine
    Archer Daniel | Emmett Sebastian | Ezra Donovan | Theo Anderson | Lucian Matteo | Milo Vincent

I prefer the Louie sounding version. I don't think it sounds as nice as Lewis/Louis. I would go with the French version. However because of the Even Stevens program and they had a Louis pronounced Lewis I believe more people would go with Louis pronounced as Lewis.
    🌠I'm Hermione and I'm 18 years old and I love names and One Direction.

Girl Names: Ella, Hermione, Amelia, Isabella, Madeline, Samantha, Lucy, Charlotte, Victoria, Alexandra, Emma, Chloe, Abigail, Zoey, & Noelle

Boy Names: Ashton, Luke, Liam, James, Nicholas, Louis, Cody, Connor, Jacob, Edward, Logan, Reid, Harry, Christopher, & Joseph