Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    I've known two people named Louis who both pronounced it Lewis (1 is a 1/2 Chinese, 1/2 Columbian US citizen from China and one is a European mutt US citizen). When I see the name Louis written, my internal voice sometimes goes to Lewis, sometimes goes to Louie, depending on the context and/or where the person is from. I'd say I'd expect a US Louis to be Lewis and a European Louis to be Louie. I pprefer the pronunciation Lewis to Louie, but don't like the spelling of Lewis much.
    Updated Name List- http://www.ebabynames.com/list/eff115- Vote away...

I'm American and I pronounce it Loo-ee, but I know most people around here would pronounce it lewis. Unless they are One Direction fans like my daughter, then they may pronounce it fine.
    ♥Mckinley Mayfair, Christian Wayne & Sir Angus Fionn♥

Favorites May 2016
    Elizabeth, Adelaide, Clara, Juniper, Jane, Amelia, Arabella, Imogen, Beatrice, Charlotte
    the rest of the girls

William, Morgan, Jasper, Gilbert, Sebastian, Henry, Arthur, Horatio, Aloysius, Edgar
    the rest of the boys

Lyra Primrose, Amelia Hyacinth, Imogen Viola,/ Magnus Frey, Julian Mackenzie, Sebastian Lake
    the rest of my combos

Spelling makes the difference for me. Louis is 'loo-ee' (it's a French first name) and the surname Lewis is 'loo-is'. Louis is my preferred spelling.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Louis = Loo-ee
    Lewis = Loo-iss

I've only come across Louis pronounced Loo-iss a couple of times and it always throws me off. If I'm reading it I read it Loo-ee, correct myself because I know it's Loo-iss, but dislike pronouncing it that way in my head, as it seems incorrect.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan

I pronounce Louis as loo-ee and Lewis as loo-iss. Then again, I'm European as well.
    Girls:

Celia Odette ~ Georgiana Adele ~ Cosette Rosaline ~ Luna Mirabelle ~ Molly Josephine ~ Alora Juliette ~ Belle Seraphina ~ Katia Rose ~ Elizabeth Lucy ~ Gisela Bay

Boys:

Henry Carlisle ~ Cedric Alexander ~ Oliver Vincent ~ Arthur Kingsley ~ Caspian North ~ Ashley Pierce ~ Oisín Elliot ~ Peter Edmund ~ Spencer Bennet ~ Fionn Emmett