Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: British berries

British berries

This has nothing to do with being a mother, but please explain the popularity of The Only Way is Essex to me.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Mireia * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Amal _ Hanan / Altair _ Fahd _ Ilyas _ Sajjad _ Saqr _ Tariq

Uhm, TOWIE's awesome! And trashy. And it's set in Essex. Nothing lovelier than watching glamour models and sleazy men argue and drink and all that stuff... in Essex. No one knows what goes on behind closed doors, but now we know. C'mon, you guys've got The Hills and all that, it's the same only set in Essex with people from Essex. Which makes it trashier and so much more fun... I have to admit I think Made in Chelsea is even better.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Its car crash tv! As Ottilie said, the women in it are as fake and as plastic as you can get, breast enlargements, botox, lip fillers, hair extensions, you name it..And the men are almost as bad! They all use an Essex shade of fake tan, similar in colour to cheetos so that they're permanently glowing and spend all their time either out clubbing or shopping.

A lot of it is staged (I think) but it doesn't take away from the trashiness. I'm not into Made In Chelsea at all though, I could never get into it!

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Alice Tallulah, Polly Matilda, Rosalie Faye, Lucy Annabel, Maya Lillian, Hazel Kate, Eva Blossom, Juliet Lila, Ivy Camille.
    Charles Joshua "Charlie", Theodore Samuel "Teddy", Elliott Daniel, Noah Zachary, James Oscar, Arthur Philip, Rowan Isaac.

It is just so bad it's hilarious. I have to say, Made in Chelsea is a guilty Monday-night watch - I don't think it's an accurate portrayal in any way AT ALL, but the conversations they have...oh dear me. I cry with laughter. And actually, I think the shots in between awkward conversations are quite arty, but that may be just me.

The Only Way Is Essex, I cannot explain away.

GIRLS: Carlotta Miriam BenedikteMarguerite Airlie SusannahElisabet Ruth Frederica

Car Baby Tuppence Zosia Mabel---------------------------------------------Recent Fancies: Hamish Idris February & Vivian Tamsin Blythe

So, I'm an American expat, but my husband is English and we do live in the UK. Neither of us really likes TOWIE (we don't watch it regularly or anything), but it's entertaining in sort of a horrible way. Maybe a little like watching 'Here Comes Honey Boo-Boo'... it's all so wrong that you just keep watching in fascination.
    Last edited by linguaphile; April 27th, 2013 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Tried to italicise something... unsuccessfully.