Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Honoring Robert

Honoring Robert

Hello berries,

I need your expertise on unique ways to honor a Robert. I have definitely always been my daddy's little girl and it's very important for me to find a way to honor him for a girl or a boy. The catch is that my future DH's last name is an extremely common patronymic of Robert so using the name or any of its obvious derivatives is not an option.

I have thought of ways of honoring him without specifically using his name, but I was just hoping y'all could point out some potential names I may have missed.

TIA

(and FYI this is purely hypothetical at this point)

Roan
    Rocco
    Rory
    Rogen
    Ronan
    Roscoe
    Rowan
    Rosalie
    Pretty much any name that starts with Ro- that's all I can think of right now.

There's Roberta, but not sure if that's out because of the last name... I see the PP suggested "ro" names so I'll give you some "ber" and "bert" names... yeah a bit cheesy but here goes:

Albert
    Gilbert
    Bertram/Bertrand
    Cuthbert

Alberta/Albertina
    Gilberta
    Bernice/Berniece/Berenice
    Bernadette

What is your father's middle name? Could you use that to honour him instead? I even know of women who use their maiden names to honour their side of the family.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

Thanks for the suggestions, unfortunately his middle name is unusable as it has some negative family connotations and he has all but gotten rid of it, and my last name is a long almost unpronounceable German monstrosity and while I have come to love it I feel that it's one of those names that just doesn't translate well into the first or middle spot.

maybe names that have the same type of meaning

Baer
    Albert
    Roderick
    Rupert
    Roald

Alberta
    Albertina
    Rowena
    Clara
    Bertha
    mom to Mckinley Mayfair, Christian Wayne & Sir Angus Fionn