Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hermione

Question Hermione

Hello berries!
    I'm interested to hear what you think about Hermione. Not the character, the name.
    Do you like/dislike the Harry Potter association?
    Is it to stressful to have your child's name tied to a book character?
    How do you feel about the name in general?

Thanks guys!
    -Alexis-
    teen berry

I think Hermione's beautiful. It has three wonderful associations for me. The original namesake, the daughter of Helen & Melenaus from The Odyssey/Greek mythology, the beautiful queen in Shakespeare's The Winter's Play and Hermione Granger. I like the Harry Potter association; I love the books (they're brilliant) and the Hermione character is empowering and such a good role model. I can't see a problem having a name associated with that girl.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I like Hermione... Awesome associations. I do think it's HP connection makes it a bit difficult for a kid to wear. As a parent I would think it's awesome, as a 15 year old? Idk.
    Zoe Milena
    9/12/14

I really like the name Hermione. I think while growing up she might get some comments on her name bc of HP but since the character of Hermione Granger is a nice person (versus some other people in the books) I´d still consider it a good name to wear. If nothing but she will be considered as a smart and lovely girl
    Fav. Girls Names: Rosalie, Amalia, Isa-Lea, Marisa Zaney, Sophia Florence, Adriana Louise

Fav. Boys Names: Tristan, Theo, Quentin, Jannik, Colin, James, Bennett, Benedict

Fav. combinations: Rosalie Delia, Amalia Lucia and Jerry Benedict, Theodore James

I really like Hermione, not only because of the HP and mythological connection, but the name itself. It's a pretty name
    I think it's a bit difficult to wear that name. Hermione Jean Granger is super brilliant and a good role model, yes. But that's also made the name too tied with her intelligence. Stressful? Maybe a little.
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna. 22. Name nerd.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair | Lucias
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Stellan | Amias