Names Searched Right Now:

The Story Behind the Name

Hi everyone, I was just thinking about why I love my top name choices so much, and I would love to hear if any of you have a story of the moment your just knew the name you chose for your baby was the right one.

Here are mine:

#1:
    The first time I came out to the West Coast of the US, where I now live, I ended up a little bit turned around in this majestic, enchanted redwood grove in Northern California. The sun was streaming in through the branches, the dust motes were like little fairies in the air. The trees soared high above me, their diameters each bigger than my wingspan. I hadn't ever really had a boy name that I connected with that much, but at that second I knew my future son's name, should I have one, would be Sequoia, after these huge trees that I adored so much and just put my life in perspective. <3

#2:
    I majored in Classics for my undergraduate studies, and I had always loved tales of the Goddess Aphrodite, but I never thought about using that name for my daughter. During me early ancient greek studies, I came across one of her epithets, Κυϑερέια which, translitered from Greek is either Cytherea or Cytheria, depending on whom you ask. The very next day my friend Anna, who is a songwriter and minor goddess herself , was playing at a festival and she sang a song she had written called "Cytheria", and it was beautiful and haunting. And that was the moment it occurred to me that Cytheria would be my future daughter. <3
    Sequoia Orion born November 2014
    Other favorites: Cytheria, Arcadia, Seraphina, Caspian, Gideon

Mine aren't as clear as yours but here we go.

1. Isaac started as a compromise between my OH and me. But the more I said it the more in love with it I was. I started to love how it meant laughter, something I hope my son does a lot of. The first middle name we had picked was Dante. Laughter Enduring. It seemed perfect.
    Then my OH decided that he wanted to call him Iggy after a character in a series we had both read. After a bit of discussion I gave up the "perfect" middle name and OH mention Gawain. While it doesn't have the perfect meaning with Isaac, Gawain is my favorite Arthurian knight and my inner nerd was happy. So again I agreed.

2. I had a love/hate relationship with the name Claire and a cartoon had a witch named Blaire. Not the best role model but I teased OH about how any girl named Blaire would be like her. Hacinthia/ Hycinthia was the one that really had the ah-ha moment. OH's mom was planting flowers when she pointed to a large clump of flowers about a week after OH suggested it and told us to smell them. I knew what they were (thank you Botany class!) but OH didn't. When he's mom told him they were Hyacinths he was convinced.
    If I had a baby right now they'd be:
    Isaac
    or
    Blaire

thefuturemrsb - Very cool!

Anyone else have stories?
    Sequoia Orion born November 2014
    Other favorites: Cytheria, Arcadia, Seraphina, Caspian, Gideon

All of mine have stories/ meaning but I am typing one handed on my nook with Wolfie eating on the other side so too much effort to type it out, lol. But if you search my posts I know I responded for why we chose everyones name but the baby (as he was still baking at that time)
    Married to my love since August 2001
    --—————————————
    My lovely bunch of coconuts;
    Sebastian Elihu (7/02)
    Bronwen Eliza (2/04)
    Linus Ezra Graham (9/06)
    Violet Leona (1/09) and
    Wolfgang Levi (3/13)
    Always missing our Felix Emmanuel (10/10-10/10)