Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sidura View Post
    Considering Phaedra is a prominent FEMALE figure in mythology? No. Just...no.
    This.
    I find that just unacceptable. It's just as bad as naming a girl Zeus imo.
    Laurel - 21 - Toronto

Don't like it at all. There's nothing "brave" about doing something that only affects another person. Renaming yourself something controversial could be brave but bestowing a controversial name on a child who has no say in the matter? Not brave at all. If anything, it's selfish. The kid's the one who's going to have to deal with this name, not the mother. It would be like calling someone "brave" for outing a gay person (Oh how brave of you! You just made life difficult for someone else! However did you muster up the courage to do that?)

Quote Originally Posted by elrock13 View Post
    If you're going to choose a girl's name for a boy, use something that isn't so feminine-sounding. Phaedra has been a girls name for thousands of years. If you are going to do this, I recommend an unpopular name with little history that doesn't, in most cases, end in A.

I totally agree! Poor little Phaedra will most likely go around all his life with people thinking he is a girl!
    ~Tali~

Girls: Ivy, Caroline, Bryony, Augusta, Idony, Adeline, Elizabeth, Sage, Delphine

Boys: Adrian, Halcyon, Everett, Nathaniel, Elliott, Brighton, Theodore, Levi, Camden

Quote Originally Posted by oboeplayer1 View Post
    I totally agree! Poor little Phaedra will most likely go around all his life with people thinking he is a girl!
    Well he won't because everyone knows who his mum is.
    I find it fine on a boy mostly because I've never heard it before and alos we go on about boys names on girls but when it happens the other we hate it just as much?? Anyway Astala and Phaedra are really good together
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Tallulah★Ruby☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆Miller★
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com

I'm so shocked to hear of the death of Peaches Geldof at just 25 years old. She leaves behind her husband, two young boys and her devastated family. Sadly, she follows in the footsteps of her mother Paula Yates. RIP Peaches.
    All the best,
    Mischa.