Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    The land of cheese, brats, and boring flat land
    Quote Originally Posted by argenta_genova View Post
    Yes, "Fey" does mean those things... but "Fay" is a well-established name that doesn't bring to mind any of those things. When someone mentions Faye Dunaway, no one thinks of effeminate men/being doomed to die/acting crazy. It's name all on its own. And women can be pretty awesome. Mythological deities, even better.

It's been my experience that adults make far more of a ruckus over 'name teasing' than children actually do. They're children, after all. They don't know what a 'normal name' is. If it weren't for parents' comments, other kids wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Ezra, Jonah, Phaedra, and Luca. Certain kids will get picked on, regardless of their names. Sometimes it's a Christopher or a Matthew. It has nothing to do with the name at all.
    This.

Really, unless you name your kid something ridiculous in this naming era like Gaylord or Dick, you'll probably be able to shirk name teasing entirely.
    ~Vincent Rosalind~

Lovely Ladies~Cecilia, Avis, Henrietta "Etta", Katherine, Imogen, Evangeline

Dashing Gentlemen~Ezra, Harrison, Noel, Matthew, Peter, Anderson, Roan

Quote Originally Posted by sabrinafair View Post
    just want to say I love your boy names!
    Thank you!
    Baby boy due October 2014! Current tentative name:

Sequoia Orion

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    2 It sounds really feminine (first syllable sounds like the girls name Faye and it ends in an "a" which is commonly a female ending (excluding some male names in the Bible and others).
    This is interesting to me because I could definitely picture Phaedra on a male.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

I think it's fine.
    Madison, 14-year-old name nerd! My style is all over the place, my favorites change all the time.

Boys: David, Eric, Finlay, George, James, Jude, Lee, Michael, Paul, Richard, Rory.

Girls: Emmanuelle, Frederica, Jayne, Juliet, Lauren, Mary, Molly, Nora, Raffaela, Stella.

I think it's a great name on either gender, and it was bold of them to use a traditionally female name on their son. Sounds great with Astala too (which I also love!). I'm kind of obsessing over his middle names, Bloom and Forever, as well. Not everyone's taste, but very cool I think.